~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I was on Rt. 9 heading through Westborough at about 5:30 when all of a sudden it was a near whiteout. 15 minutes later it was fine. Go figure.

Nothing like an unexpected batch of the white stuff.

My back yard is waist deep in snow. I live just north of Baltimore. Wow, most snow I've ever experienced in the east coast.

I stocked up on gin. I had an open liquor store and chinese restaurant within walking distance. I was good for the week. Back at work today. My work was closed Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I ran out of entertainment by thursday afternoon. I had watched everything on my dvr.

Strange weather indeed. As far as snowfall is concerned, I believe we're just below average. Lots of ranting and raving about the big storm on Wednesday and we got barely an inch in Boston. If you only had some hills in the mid-atlantic you could make some money opening a ski area.

Last edited by a moderator:
We joked about that all morning at work yesterday. Asking coworkers with mock concern if they dug themselves out ok and what they'll tell their grandkids one day about the Blizzard of '10.

Supposed to be mild here this weekend. Good for a hike!

I'm already tired of shoveling loads of global warming off of my driveway, and they are predicting another 3 inches this weekend.

We're supposed to get 1-3" tonight. I'm stocking up on beer and filet mignon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very strange this year. Baltimore was crippled this week. Even the snow removal vehicles were called in on Wednesday because the white out conditions were so bad. I still can't believe it. The snow is above by dogs head and he is a bullmastiff.

It is very strange this year. Baltimore was crippled this week. Even the snow removal vehicles were called in on Wednesday because the white out conditions were so bad. I still can't believe it. The snow is above by dogs head and he is a bullmastiff.
Hope they get the snow removal vehicles out to you soon. My sister lives in Bel Air, MD and works in Baltimore and I have been seeing the pictures of them digging out. Some of those pictures are showing the snow up to the top of my nephew's head. Stay warm!

They allowed the trucks back on the road thursday. Right now the main roads are fine but there are some backroads that are still unplowed. I was able to make it in to work fine this morning.

We have a hiking trip planned in North GA. We are leaving in a couple hours to drive there from Florida. I'm starting to think it may be a bad idea considering they cancelled all these flights to Atlanta today. Hoping the worst will be past by the time we get there tonight.

You know, if you're wondering about hiking in the snow, they do make these things called snowshoes...

Shit, you can have my pair, for all the good they're doing me this year.

I wonder if the canoe rental place is open this weekend. Maybe I can buy propane for the grill while I'm at it.

I @*$%ing hate this winter so far.

Got 3 to 4 inches last night, they called for a "trace to 2".

Naturally, the site is covered in snow and ice, but they made us come in anyways...

Snow in Atlanta. They called for 1-3 inches, we got 4.

RIMG_1137.JPG

Back