~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but as yankees they are deserving of the cold, after all they gave us Barak Obama.....

I am hoping in less than month we will have an early spring day back in the 60's this weather is just f'd.. 26 inches of rain, then 9 degrees in the friggin south? I call Bullshit!

but as yankees they are deserving of the cold, after all they gave us Barak Obama.....
I am hoping in less than month we will have an early spring day back in the 60's this weather is just f'd.. 26 inches of rain, then 9 degrees in the friggin south? I call Bullshit!

Climate change RW. Where have you been?

Yeeha! I can finally turn off the outside spigots tonight! After two weeks of nonstop drizzling, my water bill should be interesting.

One of my favorites from the City of Atlanta was when it was 40 degrees and they had a water main break on a 36" pipe. The dipshits from the water department were on the news telling everyone it was from the cold weather. Apparently 36" water mains freeze at 40 in Atlanta.

You don't know the guy wasn't correct! HELL could have frozen over, and it's freezing the ground from below!

We had about a half inch of snow last night, and some sub-freezing temps that the weather guessers didn't see coming. No salt trucks were sent out, so the roads were slicker than owl shit. There were people in the ditch all over the place, and there were several school bus accidents this morning. I love seeing SUVs and Jeeps in the ditch because the retards think that 4WD keeps them from sliding on black ice.

Looks like we're in for a blow...

6971_4240_thumb.jpg

Looks like the Northeast is going to get plastered with the white stuff...

According to the news this morning, we're only supposed to get ~1/2 in. but it's coming as a squall, Thursday night during the end of the day commute.

They are calling for 3-5" tomorrow night. That should make my first commute from the new house adventurous.
In other words, a dusting. :p
When they predict anywhere near the 6" mark, we'll either get a dusting or a couple of feet. Those seem to be the only two options for snow in Louisville.

According to the news this morning, we're only supposed to get ~1/2 in. but it's coming as a squall, Thursday night during the end of the day commute.
These guys hit it dead nutz on. Consistent with my luck I was in a blizzard as I left the building to go to my car. By the time I'd cleared the 1/2 in. off the car (10-15 minutes) it stopped snowing.

Back