~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy it while ya can!!!

Experienced -18 last weekend, car didnt much care for it, took a while to even be able to just open my doors...

Wasnt "that terrible" in the daytime but would be tough to deal with that for several weeks/ months...

lol, are they blocking the road?
nope.  they backed it up to park it right next to the driveway/garage in the grass and they didn't keep going they just stopped with the front tires in the ditch...i don't know if the angle was such that the front was scrapping and they couldn't move it further back or what but they left it instead of trying a different spot.  now it will be there until it dries up or they hired a tow truck i guess, which will suck with the weather getting colder and the road freezing over in the rain.  glad we turn the other way out of the driveway and avoid it...but about 4 neighbors aren't so luck.  

Actually broke out the snow blower for the first time.   Downtown didn't get as much. 

Actually broke out the snow blower for the first time.   Downtown didn't get as much. 
me too.  I had taken out of storage and drained all the oil and greased it all up ready to go but no gas or oil as we didn't need it yet.  Fortunately I believed the reports enought to get gas and oil on Sunday in time for Monday.  It was light fluffy stuff so shoveling wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's always better when you can use an internal combustion engine to do the work.

By snow blower do you mean your teenagers?
I wish.  I got one season where my kid was home to take care of snow.  That was last year when my college graduated, job-seeking, son was home full time.  Prior to that they were too involved in scholl activities or gone off to college so I ended up doing it myself.  I got a couple of times when they helped out but for the most part it's on my shoulders. 

we got about 3 inches overnight...the roads seems ok, but people are stupid and cars in the ditches caused a lot of traffic slow downs on the commute to work this morning.  Those stupid 3 wired barricades along the highways don't help matters either...cars would have kept going into the ditch instead of being bounced back into lanes of traffic.

706975828e84c486ea4617d704f69f44.jpg

Back