The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn’t really make a difference to me if she’s back or not. I’m more concerned with the double standard. Liberal compares Trump to Nazi’s and their “enlightened”. Conservative does it and they’re blacklisted.
Same here. Pedro Pascal has made the same kind of statements from a leftist viewpoint and he gets a pass.

lol. Woke. You think she held the madalorian series together? She won’t be missed in the next season.

lol. Woke. You think she held the madalorian series together? She won’t be missed in the next season.
Her relative importance to the show isn't the point. Being written off a show because the character isn't going anywhere or just plain poor performance is fine. Being canned from a job because of an opinion expressed on social media is a problem and it's happening to more than just actors. If playing the Nazi/Holocaust card gets you canned, why then does Pedro Pascal get a pass after doing the exact same thing in 2018? The double standard is pretty stark.

This was on my FB just this morning...in this case I guess it’s okay because it’s anti-Trump/Republican.

Attachments

• 05E79599-9315-4E8A-92E8-1D259A704ABC.jpeg
    05E79599-9315-4E8A-92E8-1D259A704ABC.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 25
Disney has the freedom to not associate with Gina Carano just as you have the freedom to cancel Disney.

Anyone still giving money to Disney and liberal trash like Mark Hamill should rethink their investment.

I view actors pretty much the same as any trade. I couldn't care less if an electrician I hire is a full blown communist or believes we are being governed by little green aliens. My only concern is his performance as an electrician. Actors are there to entertain me, nothing more, nothing less.

In the case of Disney's talent choices and reasons behind them, I only make the observation that if they place higher priority on virtue signaling and keeping the twitter mob happy than on telling a good story, their product will be garbage. I cite The Last Jedi as exhibit A.

How Disney can fire Carano but REHIRE pervy scumbags like Gunn is beyond me. The guy makes routine pedophilia tweets, and DISNEY of all companies rehires him because he was just so heartwarmingly apologetic...

Guess cash grabs speak much louder than words...

I'm not sure if this was intended as a joke, as commentary, or to be factual. But I feel the need to point out that this is obviously a fake tweet. Twitter only shows the date with a tweet if it's older than 1 week. If it was really from today it would say "5h" (for example) instead of "Feb 12" to let you know how long ago it was posted.

Back