The Christmas 2013 thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAW IT FIRST! I don't want to be investigating the fire that burned your house down next February.

Measure out where the oil needs to be by dunking the frozen bird in water in the pan first. That means you don't fill it full of oil and then drop it in, making it overflow. Volume displacement eludes even the smartest people when turkey is involved.

^^ we have sharpie lines all over ours from different years depending on the size of the bird...

I should add... a metal coat hanger will not serve the purpose of lowering and raising the turkey gently in and out of the oil if the bird is 20 lbs.

prim%2Begg%2Btut%2Bwire%2Bholder.jpg

My wife's parents are "snow birds" that head to Florida at the beginning of October. Therefore, we had "fake Thanksgiving" yesterday with a big turkey dinner and all the fixings.

We're thinking of doing a "white trash" thanksgiving this year. Deep-fried everything. Only problem: I have never deep-fried anything. Don't even have a frier...

We're thinking of doing a "white trash" thanksgiving this year. Deep-fried everything. Only problem: I have never deep-fried anything. Don't even have a frier...

We can lend you our FryDaddy. Won't fit a turkey...you'll have to cut it up into nuggets.

Christmas dinner one year was a prepared meal from Albertson's...reheat and eat. It was really good.

Alton Brown did a fried turkey segment on Good Eats one year. He way over did it, with having an A-frame to support and lower the bird, etc. I thought it was cool, being an engineer an all.

It's sad that my kids all don't believe I Santa anymore but I hope they have fun pulling one out if the Mtn Clark Griswolds style.... Got to see about getting that tag...

Wait...are you saying there's no Santa Claus?

Back