The Breakfast Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also a slice of my double chocolate banana bread and tea. Boyfriend won't eat the banana bread. even tho it's chocolate since he can still taste the bananas. -____-

I will be freezing some of this bread since I don't want it all and I won't be able to eat it all by myself before it spoils. 
Whaaaaaaaaat type of super taste buds does your boyfriend have that he can taste the banana in banana bread?  The minute I add chocolate chips to mine it's just a delicious, super moist, cake with a pleasant cinnamon aftertaste.

Throw the whole boyfriend out.  Not worth fixing.

Whaaaaaaaaat type of super taste buds does your boyfriend have that he can taste the banana in banana bread?  The minute I add chocolate chips to mine it's just a delicious, super moist, cake with a pleasant cinnamon aftertaste.

Throw the whole boyfriend out.  Not worth fixing.
I mean I can taste the banana too. But it's really frustrating how limited his palate is. I'm sick of broccoli. 

This banana bread has both dutch-processed cocoa powder & chocolate chips. He ate 1 slice. -____-

But will eat the Run Fast Eat Slow Superhero muffins. both the OG recipe & the ones with beets & blueberries. but prefers the OG. since he doen't like blueberries *in* things... 

I mean I can taste the banana too. But it's really frustrating how limited his palate is. I'm sick of broccoli. 

This banana bread has both dutch-processed cocoa powder & chocolate chips. He ate 1 slice. -____-

But will eat the Run Fast Eat Slow Superhero muffins. both the OG recipe & the ones with beets & blueberries. but prefers the OG. since he doen't like blueberries *in* things... 
Do...do you need to sneak food into mashed potatoes so he'll eat it?  I swear, even my autistic brother has a better pallet than that, and he haaaaaaaates trying new things.  Broccoli is a great veggie...but it becomes very tiresome if it's the only veggie.  Snap peas?  AND HE DOESN'T LIKE BLUEBERRIES IN THINGS?  BUGRENLD  THAT'S WHERE BLUEBERRIES SHINE.  IN THINGS.

Also, that banana bread sounds baller.  Please send a slice via USPS: 'to jaykay trapped in indy va'.  They'll find me.

Do...do you need to sneak food into mashed potatoes so he'll eat it?  I swear, even my autistic brother has a better pallet than that, and he haaaaaaaates trying new things.  Broccoli is a great veggie...but it becomes very tiresome if it's the only veggie.  Snap peas?  AND HE DOESN'T LIKE BLUEBERRIES IN THINGS?  BUGRENLD  THAT'S WHERE BLUEBERRIES SHINE.  IN THINGS.

Also, that banana bread sounds baller.  Please send a slice via USPS: 'to jaykay trapped in indy va'.  They'll find me.
He doens't really like mashed potatoes either... he'll eat them. but requested that the next time i make shepards pie to do less potato (even though I follow the recipe almost exactly and added extra meat.

he'll eat snap peas in stir fry/Chinese take out. but I hate making stir fry - somehow I suck at it. and won't eat regular peas really.

His mom died when he was 11 and his dad owned a pizza place so it was a whole lot of things that come from a pizza place and not many veggies.

But frankly, if he provides me no input on the menu, he doesn't get to complain. 

He loves blueberries. But on the side of his pancakes. 

He doens't really like mashed potatoes either... he'll eat them. but requested that the next time i make shepards pie to do less potato (even though I follow the recipe almost exactly and added extra meat.

he'll eat snap peas in stir fry/Chinese take out. but I hate making stir fry - somehow I suck at it. and won't eat regular peas really.

His mom died when he was 11 and his dad owned a pizza place so it was a whole lot of things that come from a pizza place and not many veggies.

But frankly, if he provides me no input on the menu, he doesn't get to complain. 

He loves blueberries. But on the side of his pancakes. 
THROW 👏 THAT 👏 BOY 👏  OUT

Doesn't like mashed potatoes?  MY FAMILY DIED FROM THE LACK OF MASHED POTATOES.  Sugar snap peas are AMAAAAAZING when raw, don't even need to cook them!  And the pizzeria thing is a lieeeeeeeeeeee.  There are so many veggies at pizzerias!  How else can you have crazy veggie pizza?  What about penne ala vodka pizza?  Got to have anchovies and pure joy with that!

THROW 👏 THAT 👏 BOY 👏  OUT

Doesn't like mashed potatoes?  MY FAMILY DIED FROM THE LACK OF MASHED POTATOES.  Sugar snap peas are AMAAAAAZING when raw, don't even need to cook them!  And the pizzeria thing is a lieeeeeeeeeeee.  There are so many veggies at pizzerias!  How else can you have crazy veggie pizza?  What about penne ala vodka pizza?  Got to have anchovies and pure joy with that!
he's from the coast of Maine. and fishes. And doesn't eat seafood. Except deep fried haddock. I've gotten him to eat baked haddock and cod tho.

he's from the coast of Maine. and fishes. And doesn't eat seafood. Except deep fried haddock. I've gotten him to eat baked haddock and cod tho.
I'm worried for your safety, now.  Has he been hurting you?  Locking all the doors?  All these things you've described make me think you're going out with a psychopath.

Does Moo growl and/or bark when he approaches?  I feel like moo-dog eats better/healthier than him...

3 fried eggs, we picked up 15 dozen eggs from a guy at our gym who sells food to restaurants - but the bad thing is they expire April 15- so we are doing our best to not let them go to waste  (& our neighbors wont take any of them) 

I think eggs, kept refrigerated, are good long after the expiration dates.

3 fried eggs, we picked up 15 dozen eggs from a guy at our gym who sells food to restaurants - but the bad thing is they expire April 15- so we are doing our best to not let them go to waste  (& our neighbors wont take any of them) 
you can make mini egg muffins & freeze them. Or frittatas & freeze. Or quiche & freeze. They freeze and thaw well. 

I'm worried for your safety, now.  Has he been hurting you?  Locking all the doors?  All these things you've described make me think you're going out with a psychopath.

Does Moo growl and/or bark when he approaches?  I feel like moo-dog eats better/healthier than him...
Moo is the worst guard dog ever if she's inside. Outside, she's barking at people on the other side of the street from our backyard. We met the across the street neighbors last week and he said "Oh is this who is barking at us?" 

Moo is the worst guard dog ever if she's inside. Outside, she's barking at people on the other side of the street from our backyard. We met the across the street neighbors last week and he said "Oh is this who is barking at us?" 
My sister and brother-in-law's first dog was a pitbull who was derpy/loved everyone, but barked ONLY at black people when they were walking (didn't get aggressive, just barked at them).  Which, living in Queens, makes for some very awkward moments.

My sister and brother-in-law's first dog was a pitbull who was derpy/loved everyone, but barked ONLY at black people when they were walking (didn't get aggressive, just barked at them).  Which, living in Queens, makes for some very awkward moments.
Ooof, yeah that's awkward. She only barks in the backyard so at all people she can see from the fence...

She does not like hoods up regardless of gender or race. She just shies away from the person. She also doesn't like fire or chickens. 

But helmets are ok. 

we wont throw anything away without checking, and were hard boiling a bunch, and I planted a few in the garden, not sure how long it takes for them to grow into chickens?

But these were cage free eggs so they are probably more sensitive ;)  -

we wont throw anything away without checking, and were hard boiling a bunch, and I planted a few in the garden, not sure how long it takes for them to grow into chickens?

But these were cage free eggs so they are probably more sensitive ;)  -
If he's the farmer, they're likely to last longer actually 

no he is the middle man, not sure how long he has been sitting on them - 

But they are good!  and since there are none in the grocery store its nice to have - and we did try and give some to our neighbors and they politely refused - more eggs for me!

whole milk yog, blackberries, coffeeeeeee - which I'm putting in a hydroflask now since my coffee maker doesn't make wicked hot coffee to begin with and the cool temp in my work space just makes me coffee get cold fast. 

Back