The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone think there is any truth to being able to save some $$ buying the year end cars in late Nov / December? Before the 2016 models role in?

I'm a firm believer that the dealership could give you the car for free and still screw you somehow?

The resale value of the "previous year's" model will be greatly reduced because everyone wants the newer model. That being said, the value is offset by the fact that yours would have less miles than every other vehicle from that model year.

Waiting this long also means your selection is greatly reduced. You'll be sorting through the "less desirable" colors and option packages.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone think there is any truth to being able to save some $$ buying the year end cars in late Nov / December? Before the 2016 models role in?

I'm a firm believer that the dealership could give you the car for free and still screw you somehow?
there are cars that bring the next model year out at the begining of the year? I thought most were a spring/summer of the year before.

My dad sold cars for many years, and I can tell you the worst time of year for car salesmen is early January; everyone has blown their budgets on Christmas and usually the weather is bad as well, so no one is out buying cars.

I'm not super picky, just need something to get me around town.

I am leaning toward a Tacoma. The plan would be to keep it at least a decade. But after watching that movie unbreakable I am also looking at the midsize Chevrolet Colorado truck

i got a super deal on my pilot the day before xmas eve on the current year model. they had the color i wanted with the trim level i wanted...just have to go to a high volume dealer

I'm not super picky, just need something to get me around town.

I am leaning toward a Tacoma. The plan would be to keep it at least a decade. But after watching that movie unbreakable I am also looking at the midsize Chevrolet Colorado truck
Those new Colorado's are nice.

With the debate over moving to New Zealand, Mrs Dex has indicated that we probably wouldn't be bringing Bee with us. I have been resistant because I love that car and I really don't know what I would do with it while we were gone (what if we decide to stay there for more than a couple of years?).

So the potential move has had me a little bummed over that, until I remembered the Holden brand from Australia. They have been rebranded in the US as the Pontiac GTO, the G8, and more recently as the Chevy SS. So a quick google search for cars down there nets me this beauty (Holden Commodore SS). I'm not bummed about the vehicle situation anymore...

2013-holden-commodore-ss-v_100419214_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are sweet too, but they don't have backseats (necessary to haul the kiddos around).

They have an entire BED. You can haul plenty of bodies in it!

Back