The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.Krak wants to get rid of pathfinder and buy a newer/better used car that's $10-12k. I'm still torn but when I'm driving home tonight when it's 80 and my AC isn't working.
maybe you should do a little research on what you can get for the pathfinder? Chances are they are only going to give you about half of what you paid for it even though it's only been like a month or three... personally, that would be my biggest factor, how long had I had the car versus how much did I pay to use it for the time I had. Also, I would go back to where you bought it and make them fix the air conditioner, it's a reasonable request at least
Paid almost 5k for it and have spent $399.36 on gas from 1/30-3/3. The guy we bought the car from will not fix the AC for free. Or the sunroof. Or the radio/speaker issue.

If you bought it off of a private seller, then I think you're stuck. If it was a dealer and all these items were working when you first got it, then I would look into any "lemon laws" in FL. I don't think a 90 day "warranty" is out of line.

May want to throw a lemon law threat at the guy in writing and see if he does an about face...

Note that you're not covered by actual lemon laws from used/private sales, but, if he knew there were problems that were undisclosed, you can threaten him with a fraud suit. Sometimes, having it come from an attorney on paper is enough to scare them into it.

I would just put the thing on craigslist for a 5000 and wait till the right person comes along..

That last jeep I had a **** load of rust on it that I didn't see on first inspection, and I was just patient and put it on craigslist for what I paid for it and after a few weeks it was someone else's problem

Last edited by a moderator:
He offered us a 6 month warranty where repairs would be free if he did the work himself or he would split the cost 50/50 if his mechanics did it. We're leaving for 10 days but he claims he doesn't want to do the work/doesn't have the time. And I don't feel like paying him any more money.

He offered us a 6 month warranty where repairs would be free if he did the work himself or he would split the cost 50/50 if his mechanics did it. We're leaving for 10 days but he claims he doesn't want to do the work/doesn't have the time. And I don't feel like paying him any more money.

ummm, warranty is supposed to mean he'll fix it weather he wants to or has the time to or not...

It's probably different at Joes used car lot compared to a regular mainline dealer.

Sucks but sometime you just have to cut your losses and move on.....

What's the name of the place and well negative yelp the **** out of him...?

Thinking our plan next year is to let the kid drive the Tahoe and the wife's Prius some and I'm going to get a Tacoma truck with the 4 door version (whatever you call it) so we could still put five people in it if we had too. Lots of options for ski racks and other accessories and it would be nice to have a truck again.

And as a side note I have really enjoyed the CB radio. Lots of entertainment when I am on the road (a lot lately)and the last few trips up the mountains we had had some fun conversations with other people we would meet along the road with CB radios.
My husband drives a crew cab Tacoma and loves it. Definitely room for five people and then stuff. He loads it up and pulls the fishing boat with it. It had okay gas mileage until he lifted it to put the winch on.
hmph. I wouldn't expect a lift to affect the MPG that much.
I think it's the big ass winch and bumper actually causing the decrease in gas mileage:

warn-xd9000.jpg

And with a few simple keystrokes, Dexman ensured that there would never be another day in which he encountered CSB, and lived to tell about it.

Krak: was this stuff working when you first got it? If so, I put the press on him to fix it for free. Is your warranty is writing at all?

Nothing wrong with a big-assed wench.......I cannot lie

Taken with my vehicle's GoPro cam this morning, NOT my cell phone. ;)

20150313_084347.jpg

Back