the apple watch?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
so "smart phones" killed the watch but now were going to bring back the full on serious nerd calculator watch? (Im sure most of yall had the original model?)

abc_apple_watch_kb_140909_16x9_992.jpg

I didn't have one either....

it was usually a good way to get a beat down in HS...

200px-Calculatorwatch.jpg

Looks like a cool thing but too bad Google beat them to it.

I still won't buy one. I'm loving my Citizen.

I stopped wearing a watch about 5 years ago, and I don't miss it. I have traditional watches worth more than the Apple watch and don't wear them. I can't imagine the user interface on a watch being a suitable replacement for a smart phone, which I always have on me anyway. I think the Apple Watch is the answer to a question that wasn't asked.

I haven't worn a watch regularly since early college (pre-firefighter days). I really don't see me getting any type of watch anytime in the future.

I still have one around, somewhere. It's probably in my hiking pack, that's the last place I remember seeing it.

I would think that generations have now grown up and have gotten out of the habit of wearing a watch- I would think it would be hard to switch, sort of like if apple or Google came out with a cool new landline phone for people to buy...

Never giving up my vintage Omega Constellation Automatic Watch...screw those battery powered watches...but keep buying Apple product guys..it make me happy if they stock keep going up

I still wear a watch every day.

I don't understand the argument that a cell phone is a suitable replacement for a watch. I hear this a lot from the younger guys in the office who can't fathom why I still wear a watch. I find it's a lot less cumbersome for me to check the time by looking at my wrist then it is to dig my phone out of my pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand the argument that a cell phone is a suitable replacement for a watch. I hear this a lot from the younger guys in the office who can't fathom why I still wear a watch. I find it's a lot less cumbersome for me to check the time by looking at my wrist then it is to dig my phone out of my pocket.
this! my flip phone is usually in my purse. lots easier to turn my wrist to check the time than to dig out the phone.

this! my flip phone is usually in my purse. lots easier to turn my wrist to check the time than to dig out the phone.
I also find that I can check the time much more discretely with a watch. If a meeting seems to be dragging on I can find ways to check the time on my watch without being obvious. There is nothing discrete about taking out a cell phone during a meeting.

When more than half the guys in the meeting have their phones on the table, checking the time is very easy. I just make it look like I'm reading a new email...

If it has tapatalk with eb.com, then I might be interested. Nothing like NSFW funny pics during a meeting.

Back