TEXAS - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been lurking here for a while. Just found out I passed.

First time taker, Mechanical/Thermo, score of 84.

Pretty cool site. I've been refreshing the other Texas thread, the yahoo message board, and the TBPE website all day at work. I had an hour commute back home and found this gem of a thread. Boy was I nervous typing my info in.

Texas Aggie '02

i'm confused here..i see everyone posting w/ scores..i thought they told you if you passed or failed.

what am i missing?

In texas, they tell you the scores too. In Oklahoma, the board keeps your scores and locks them away. We will never see them, but if we apply for comity in another state, the OK board will pass our score to the other board.

i'm confused here..i see everyone posting w/ scores..i thought they told you if you passed or failed.
what am i missing?
I can't find the thread, but somebody said once that some state's laws require a score, so NCEES has to provide it. the ones that don't just have P/F.

So technically, while licensed in my home state, there is still a chance I didn't make high enough in other states for a comity license?

Wow. THAT will be a bummer.

<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
While technically that may be possible, it seems highly unlikely, as I think most states accept NCEES recommended cut-score. Maybe someone has had that unfortunate experience?

i haven't heard of it personally. i am pretty much on the border to i don't know if that's a big deal. but i on't believe that someone is not granted reciprocity due to score. as far as i know most (may be all except CA) accepts NCEES cut-score. correct me if i m wrong.

Good to see some names on the banner.. way to go guys!!!

good luck to those waiting.

i had a doubt last night that what if there is a typo or an error and that my result is otherwise???!!! but then that was just a wild thought, for now i can call myself a PE!!! nice feeling

I passed!!! Civil - 78!!! First time!!!

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting: :pASSED2: :D

Too bad I can't go out and drink

Last edited by a moderator:
I PASSED!!!! :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

I PASSED!!! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY !!! I PASSED !!! :bawling: TEARS OF JOY !!!! I PASSED !!!!
ChE -- third try -- 75. Don't care about the grade -- as long as I PASSED !!!

I passed in TexasCivil PE Exam- 76

I took and failed the Structural I Exam 4 times. First time I took the Civil-Structural Exam, I passed. Civil Exam is no where's near as challenging as the Structural I Exam so if you're struggling to pass the Structural I exam, my advise is to try Civil or architectural.

I passed too!!
Texas - Power electrical - second time - 72

Time to go celebrate!

I passed!!! Civil - 78!!! First time!!!
:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting: :pASSED2: :D

Too bad I can't go out and drink
:multiplespotting: Congrats to all of you new PEs. Congrats to you as well ODB. :multiplespotting:

I appreciate all of the replies - makes sense (although i don't like it; i'd like to know my score)

First post here, but long time lurker... I passed the Chem. Eng. on my first try with an 85!!! Woohoo!! Only studied for about a week!

Thanks everyone for all the updates!

Great news for you TX, and what a relief! congrats! :multiplespotting:

Way to go rudy, and Vish , and ODB, Preparation Hell (can I call you Prep H?) and morpheus and congratulations for all the other new Texas PEs! it's party time!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Guys, Texas PE numbers have been assigned. So now we are officially PE's with a license number... Can't wait to order the seal now......

YOu can go online and check your number...

Back