Texas Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed WRE... can't believe it.

In the AM session I felt confident on about 39 and wasn't sure on 1 (structures 😡) .  The PM session I had solid answers for 25, a coin toss for 5 and completely blanked on 10.

This test really knows how to break you down, but looking back it probably made us all better engineers. One thing I will say for anyone that didn't pass this time is don't let your previous results affect how you think you'll do the next time. My last try I was around 40/80, and after failing I took as many practice tests from various vendors as I could. Here are a few sites I highly recommend:

https://www.peprepared.com/practice-exams (They sell these on amazon too for both AM and PM)

https://civilpepractice.com/

Now that we've passed, are yall going to apply with NCEES record or on the TBPE website??

Now that we've passed, are yall going to apply with NCEES record or on the TBPE website??
what is the difference? I still need to gain the work experience requirements.. so i still have some time

I believe the NCEES record is for anyone who ever suspects they'll need to get licensed in another state. Either for work (project out of state, etc), or if you move out of Texas.

Failed the machine design test with a 44. Does anyone know how the computer testing will work next year?
I strongly advise that you attempt the final pencil and paper administration in October.  The ME Reference Manual is all you will have at your disposal during the computer (CBT) testing, and from what I've read, it leaves much to be desired.

I strongly advise that you attempt the final pencil and paper administration in October.  The ME Reference Manual is all you will have at your disposal during the computer (CBT) testing, and from what I've read, it leaves much to be desired.
I passed the Machine Design exam with the NCEES ME Reference Manual as my main reference. There are some small mistakes but if you use it to study then you'll find them. It's a nice comprehensive reference material and save you time from preparing your own reference sheet. 

How do you determine cut score? I got 73. Is 70 the cutoff? 

Latest posts

Back