April Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD Discover

Reaction score
Just making a new thread to commiserate with others who are also twitchingly refreshing their emails and BPELSG Connect. I'm awaiting seismic results. Hbu? Good luck y'all!

I'm also eagerly awaiting the result of my seismic exam. I took the exam on the last day of April and hope I'll receive the results this month as everyone else. :coffee:

I echo Shnam1's sentiments. Hopefully results will be here soon!

Edit: I just received my surveying exam results (passed). Still waiting for seismic!
Congrats! I previously took both exams in one month as well and the results came in 5 hours apart. Lets hope seismic comes soon!

I got my seismic results and they weren't good. I'm pretty surprised that I did worse than my first attempt, though I was much more comfortable and confident in the subject matter and felt good walking out of the test. I'm wishing, like many others in this board, that the diagnostics gave a little more feedback or opportunity to learn more from our results. Feeling dejected. I hope y'all got better news

Finally done!!

Posting this for others not to give up. It was a long couple years but never give up!! Life will move on, go enjoy other hobbies when you’re not studying, but don’t stop the grind.

Here’s my test taking history:
Jan 2017 - FAIL FE
Aug 2017 - NO SHOW
Feb 2018 - FAIL FE
Mar 2018 - PASS FE
Oct 2018 - FAIL 8 HOUR
Apr 2019 - FAIL 8 HOUR
Oct 2019 - PASS 8 HOUR
Oct 2020 - FAIL SURVEY
Dec 2020 - FAIL SEISMIC
Feb 2021 - FAIL SURVEY
Apr 2021 - PASS SURVEY
Jun 2021 - FAIL SEISMIC
Nov 2021 - FAIL SEISMIC
Jan 2022 - FAIL SEISMIC
Dec 2022 - FAIL SEISMIC
Apr 2023 - PASS SEISMIC

Keep going.

I got my seismic results and they weren't good. I'm pretty surprised that I did worse than my first attempt, though I was much more comfortable and confident in the subject matter and felt good walking out of the test. I'm wishing, like many others in this board, that the diagnostics gave a little more feedback or opportunity to learn more from our results. Feeling dejected. I hope y'all got better news
I had a practice exam like that, was discouraged immediately after. For me it was a bad test resulting from poor focus and sleep, but these things happen. For what it's worth I used AEI for Seismic and would not have passed without it. The challenge exam was especially humbling and motivating. Best of luck!

Sorry to hear that. There are some prep. courses out there and if you are struggling, I'd highly recommend taking one. If you haven't had much education or work experience with ASCE involving seismic, a prep course will really help you. I took School of PE (reasonable priced) and the instruction I'd say was pretty good. Don't give up and good luck

Hello everyone,

I am in totally shocked mode now as I FAILED Surveying exam on my first try. I passed all other exams on the first attemp and felt REALLY well after surveying exam to the extent that I sold all my studying materials even before results came out. I took CPESR and Reza's book and did not find a single question that I did not have idea of how to solve. I defintely guessed on a number of long questions like 6-7 but felt confident during the exam and after. Is there any way I can request for re-scoring? Exam feedback said 3 Deficients 1 Marginal which completely non-sense. I have a feeling that this is like someone else's diagnostic report!!!
I do not know what I should do better to pass!

Hello everyone,

I am in totally shocked mode now as I FAILED Surveying exam on my first try. I passed all other exams on the first attemp and felt REALLY well after surveying exam to the extent that I sold all my studying materials even before results came out. I took CPESR and Reza's book and did not find a single question that I did not have idea of how to solve. I defintely guessed on a number of long questions like 6-7 but felt confident during the exam and after. Is there any way I can request for re-scoring? Exam feedback said 3 Deficients 1 Marginal which completely non-sense. I have a feeling that this is like someone else's diagnostic report!!!
I do not know what I should do better to pass!
I would first try purchasing the CPESR book and Reza book again, especially the CPESR book if you used the formula sheets for the exam.

The surveying exam is tough and if you feel like you know the material enough, it'll just be about repetition and timing. In your practice exams while studying for the retake, try aiming for 5 or less for blind guess and minimizing calculation errors. Focus more heavily on the categories you got deficient on. You got this!

I would first try purchasing the CPESR book and Reza book again, especially the CPESR book if you used the formula sheets for the exam.

The surveying exam is tough and if you feel like you know the material enough, it'll just be about repetition and timing. In your practice exams while studying for the retake, try aiming for 5 or less for blind guess and minimizing calculation errors. Focus more heavily on the categories you got deficient on. You got this!
Thank you for your reply! Yeah I can just practice more and try to answer more questions and focus more to prevent calcualtion errors. Well, I could not find anything else that might be the issue. Let's see what happens next time.

I had a practice exam like that, was discouraged immediately after. For me it was a bad test resulting from poor focus and sleep, but these things happen. For what it's worth I used AEI for Seismic and would not have passed without it. The challenge exam was especially humbling and motivating. Best of luck!
What is the challenge exam?

Back