TENNESSEE - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Control systems - I passed! I felt good about it after the morning session but not so sure after the afternoon session. The results came on Thursday and my wife had to read them to me over the phone since I was working in Florida. I live in the Kingsport area.

:violin: Looks like I get to try it again. Took the Control Systems Test. I'm in Memphis.
I took Controls in Knoxville. Still don't know the results yet. What books did you take?
The books I found most useful for the Controls exam were:

Instrument Engineers Handbook vol 1&2

ISA Stantards 5.1 - 5.5

ISA Control Systems Engineering Exam Reference Manual: A Practical Study Guide

Fisher Control Valve Handbook

Crane Flow of Fluids

I also took about 10 other books but the ones above were the ones I used the most.

:violin: Looks like I get to try it again. Took the Control Systems Test. I'm in Memphis.
I took Controls in Knoxville. Still don't know the results yet. What books did you take?
The books I found most useful for the Controls exam were:

Instrument Engineers Handbook vol 1&2

ISA Stantards 5.1 - 5.5

ISA Control Systems Engineering Exam Reference Manual: A Practical Study Guide

Fisher Control Valve Handbook

Crane Flow of Fluids

I also took about 10 other books but the ones above were the ones I used the most.
I'm working in Florida too - waiting for my mail to be forwarded. I wish I had taken the ISA Standards book. We don't use it in my industry, but you begin to understand its importance during the test when the questions starts, "According to Table 5c in the ISA Standards" (or whatever it said)...

Back