Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Supes post: Hahaha. Wouldn't have worked fer the meeting I was in! Woulda been nice though. On another note, its now raining here. At least its watered the garden and cooled off the overheated laptop...
I don't think KF would recommend using rain to cool off any electronics...
See the electronics help thread. I believe that even KF would have recommended water in this situation!
Noted.

To Supes post: Hahaha. Wouldn't have worked fer the meeting I was in! Woulda been nice though. On another note, its now raining here. At least its watered the garden and cooled off the overheated laptop...
See the electronics help thread. I believe that even KF would have recommended water in this situation!
Actually he probably would have gone for a gaseous fire suppression system... but it doesn't appear that you had a sealed room or a supply of Halon (or whatever they are using these days)

aren;t there water cooled hard drives out there....so water can be a viable option in some cases

EG Wrote: "Actually he probably would have gone for a gaseous fire suppression system... but it doesn't appear that you had a sealed room or a supply of Halon (or whatever they are using these days)"

True, but I was able to get it outside. I wasn't going to waste a perfectly good extinguisher for it. Halon was the craze for a few years, I believe they started going away from it since people weren't taking the proper precautions when utilizing it. I know the power plant I was working in during college was switching it out for another system.
aren;t there water cooled hard drives out there....so water can be a viable option in some cases
Yeah, but I really don't think it woulda helped in this situation. Usually that's found on higher end gaming and work desktops, not home laptops.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a morning. I don't think I'm going to be able to get anything done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back