Super Special 5K

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter in AK isn't all that bad; but Wooly is right, you do want to escape for a little while.

*And yes, I mean that 40 below is not that bad!

How many people, what do you want to fish for and what is your tentative schedule?

It would just be my family the wife ,three teenagers.

We were talking about early summer maybe in July, we have no preference we just want to catch a lot of fish to bring home And eat!

It would just be my family the wife ,three teenagers.

We were talking about early summer maybe in July, we have no preference we just want to catch a lot of fish to bring home And eat!
Sounds like you'll nearly fill a 6 pack by yourself. I'd recommend going out of Seward or Valdez for ocean fishing.

My July & August are already shot (Family coming up to visit) and if I can wrangle enough people into it, we're going out with Seward Fishing Club as they can fit upto 30 people on their boat. Otherwise we'll split into smaller groups and go out with The Fish House (6 people per boat and usually more expensive).

For Kenai river salmon, you can go from the shore and enjoy combat fishing or get with one of the charters that usually do a great job. Homer is another nice spot to get to the open water, but I'm not familar with anyone running out of there (yet).

how much you and AK charge for a fishing trip next summer?
If you guys are ever in Florida, my boat holds 8,

and I would be glad to take your crew on a 1/2 day trip.

Can't guarantee that you will catch a lot, but it won't cost you anything.

If I had my own boat, I'd take ya out too; right now I'm either chartering or bartering access to one. I'm owed a trip, but the boat doesn't hold more than 5 comfortably (including crew)

I have a one man pontoon boat, but that won't help

EDIT:

tabemyry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go with me just split the gas! But my boat only holds 5 but hopefully will have a bigger boat next year. And I can only run rivers in my boat. But I can get you into some good bank fishing for sockeye.

I was under the impression we just walk to the river and stand there ( next to the bears) and just hold out arms out and the salmon just jump in your arms?

SW- we hope to get back to FL next year we may take u up on that, but we Would have to pitch in gas , owned a boat before and know how they suck petrol--

^ IF it's salmon er after; can get you hooked up with a Kenai shore fishing adventure; or Bird Creek, or Ship Creek, or dipnetting at the mouth. That'll be better than a charter trip.

I'll have to look at the regs to see if you can do a Chitna trip or not.

Halibut fishing...I would like to do that again. We left from Seward. We were on a pretty big boat, but the watermaker was broken...

I only got to fish in the evenings though because I was working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back