Star Wars! The "only open if youve seen the movie or want spoilers" Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it yesterday. I liked it...a lot. As Ken mentioned, BB8 is a refreshing touch. Well done. Captures the nostalgia and the mystic of the first Stars War movie adding a new flavor with the new characters. Personally did not like Solo's son character. He is a wimp. Let an untrained person beat the heck out of him. Given... he was injured, but come on. You have had training and she is just discovering her powers. It is hilarious he has anger management issues. That was very nice. Definitely a Sith.

My wife and daughter almost cried when Kylo Ren killed Han. I saw it coming since Han said that his son was the bad guy. Before watching the movie it was my theory that Rey was Leia's daughter. Did not cross my mind that the villain was going to be it. I would like to think Rey is Luke's daughter but now do not know. Did they say it in the movie? If they did I missed it. Maybe she is not Luke's daughter but Kylo Ren's sister. Place your bet.

Liked the ace pilot, Dameron Poe  character. He was important without becoming cheese. I hope he does not turn out to be a Skywalker too.

My nerd son, as an anti Disney person he is, said it was a good movie but he did not like it. How is that possible?  "It is not like in the Stars War Universe books." he said. I have no clue what he is talking about. He says that in the books Luke turns to the dark side to be close to the Emperor but trains Leia so she can save him. Maybe Rey will be that person now. I just hope to be alive to see the conclusion of this saga.

Tapatalk will eventually ruin the movie for someone in here. Better see it soon!

OK, so I did sneak away at lunch today and see the movie, I thought it was like a combination of episode four and episode five a little bit. I'm sure the big guess for all of us is who this Rey character is.

I also have to say that it was nice to go see the movie when there was only three people in the theater today.

I am assuming that Luke trained the bad guy, and if so he is obviously a terrible teacher.

Glad you got to see it and thanks for moving the thread. No need to ruin the movie for others that haven't made it to the theater yet.

I thought they said that luke was training him, but he turned on him. That would fall in line with what grampa did also. There are a lot of parallels between the originals and this one which is fine with me. I enjoyed it and thought they did good after 30 years in waiting.

Glad you got to see it and thanks for moving the thread. No need to ruin the movie for others that haven't made it to the theater yet.

I thought they said that luke was training him, but he turned on him. That would fall in line with what grampa did also. There are a lot of parallels between the originals and this one which is fine with me. I enjoyed it and thought they did good after 30 years in waiting.
Tapatalk sucks trying to locate this thread

I think you have to go into the "subforums" section of tt and not the timeline..I still don't think that Tappa talk is working all that well

I read a ton of the sw books and I don't think any of them had the "Jedi twins" Turn to the dark side, they were kidnapped and such,but I don't recall them being "bad".  And in most of the books, Han/lea had twins

Last edited by a moderator:
For me Han Solo being killed was a bit of surprise....too important of a character to be killed and unfortunately by his own son. 

I was not happy with the idea of him being killed, but they did do it about the best way possible.

yes I agree, he really made the original three movies, I think what made this new movie good was having him back in it, I assume Fin is going to take over his characters role as being the cocky smuggler who acts first and thinks later

I wasn't digging the first 30 minutes of the movie, but the last 30 minutes made me like the movie and looking forward to episode VIII

yes I agree, he really made the original three movies, I think what made this new movie good was having him back in it, I assume Fin is going to take over his characters role as being the cocky smuggler who acts first and thinks later

I wasn't digging the first 30 minutes of the movie, but the last 30 minutes made me like the movie and looking forward to episode VIII
I may be wrong, but Fin's moral compass appeared to be too strong for him to be like Han. Han was a maverick right from the moment we were introduced to him, but well....with a chick like Rey I guess it will be more than easy to lose your moral compass. 

I saw it coming all through the movie with the way he was almost overly complementing Rey and her ability to handle the MF. I also heard that they paid HF a boat load of money to take this role, but his only stipulation was to kill him off bc he didn't want to be in any future episodes

I wonder how much Hamill got paid to be in the move for 60 seconds?

I think there could have been a little more backstory about what happened over the last 30 years, I know they tried to weave it in the movie..

Who do you think this snoke? is (if that was his name?) Former Palpatine pupil?

Back