Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I got one where the state environmental permitting rules changed mid-design phase and we were suddenly on the hook for all sorts of stormwater management we never expected in our schedule or scope. Held up the start construction.

That's the first to get torched.

[SIZE=36pt]AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH![/SIZE]

My hot water heater died! I woke up this morning and there was nothing coming out of the hot water tap, but plenty cold water. So, fortunately, I turned the power off to the HWH so it wouldn't explode or anything serious, and went to work.

Then, about an hour ago, our housekeeper called and said "there's lots of water coming out of the HWH. LOTS!" So I told her to shut the wall valves off and try to clean it up as best she could. Fortunately, there's a floor drain in the the utility room, for just such event (HWH life expectancy around here is about 5 years, which is amost exactly where we are now).

Now I need to decide whether to get a new electric HWH, or go for an alternative. There's a shop down the road that is selling those small, propane-powered "on demand" heaters, and there is another vendor selling solar HWHs for $500 , installed. At over $0.40 per kWh, I don't think I'll be replacing it with another electric unit.

There's a lot of stuff we're looking forward to about the move, but losing the level of comfort you have after living/working someplace for a while is rough.
So TRUE. Two months into new job, I'm getting some comfort level, but still adjusting. I miss friends I used to see every day. And I didn't even change residence. New chapters are bittersweet, sometimes, but the book has to have more than one chapter.

^ I got one where the state environmental permitting rules changed mid-design phase and we were suddenly on the hook for all sorts of stormwater management we never expected in our schedule or scope. Held up the start construction.
Well, duh. Stormwater modeling is the hardest thing in engineering.

I miss the luxury of having coworkers that don't mind the yelling and cussing. I also miss the satisfaction of punching a large CRT monitor right in the middle of the screen.

This new job is in a small office with all genders, and age groups represented. So I'm pretty much left with mouthing the cuss words, and quietly begging Revit TO DO WHAT THE %^$# ITS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!! AND TO STOP $%^&ING MY @#$! UP!

Sorry. I got a little carried away.

I thought I would bump this so anyone waiting for results could add to it. I found this to be good for whatever ails you.

[SIZE=24pt]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWPTHPTHTHTHTHTH[/SIZE]

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

One of my cowirkers is treating me like his personal drafter. I have other things to do, besides draft all the crap that you are too lazy to do yourself! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH! I FAILED THE FRICKING PE ANOTHER FREAKING TIME AND NOW I HAVE TO BUY THE FREAKING NEW CERM AND FRICK FRICK FRICK.

I just needed to get this out where it wasn't all public.

Fuck.

There. I said it.

AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH! I FAILED THE FRICKING PE ANOTHER FREAKING TIME AND NOW I HAVE TO BUY THE FREAKING NEW CERM AND FRICK FRICK FRICK.
I just needed to get this out where it wasn't all public.

Fuck.

There. I said it.
Sorry to hear that, csb. Happy birthday, btw. You're 25, right? :)

Damn csb ...

Here's to making it right with #3 !! :beerchug:

My scream: I was just upgraded to a laptop + docking station + dual-screen monitors and it is all WRONG !!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

JR

Twenty-nine...so maybe I'll just make it a goal to pass the PE before 30?
jr- careful...they might give you a 486 :)
Well, I didn't make it, but I have a feeling we'll both make October our month!

Back