Sleeping Bag Opinion

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csb

Reaction score
I really want to buy this sleeping bag:

backcountry-bed2.jpg

https://www.sierradesigns.com/sleeping-bags/bed-style

Don't suppose anyone here owns one?

$167 on Amazon, purchased via eb.com Amazon link of course, if I buy it.

And I am totally up for paying for a quality night's sleep.

<---------- not a camper so spending that much on a sleeping bag that would get used maybe once a year is a non-starter

$167 for a decent sleeping bag a good deal. Good bags can easily run $400+. If you're not paying for a hotel, camping gear can pay for itself pretty quickly.

As for the style, I don't think I'd like that bag. I like to have the flexibility to unzip my bag because I tend to get too hot except in the coldest weather. It looks like you can get your upper body out of that bag to cool off, but not your legs.

I camp several times a year. I've gone to down bags for their light weight and their small packing size. However, down is expensive but worth it if you are lugging stuff on your back. It leaves more room in your pack for important items like cigars and liquor.

$167 for a decent sleeping bag a good deal. Good bags can easily run $400+. If you're not paying for a hotel, camping gear can pay for itself pretty quickly.

As for the style, I don't think I'd like that bag. I like to have the flexibility to unzip my bag because I tend to get too hot except in the coldest weather. It looks like you can get your upper body out of that bag to cool off, but not your legs.

The bag has a secret vent on the underside. You can slide your feet out without unzipping anything and then if you get cold, you just pull them back in and it self-seals. My problem is that I get too hot, but then during the night I wake up freezing and lack the coordination to zip my bag back up. This seems like it would answer to my needs. I frequently wake up with my arms numb because in my sleep I've tried to wrap my unzipped bag around me.

I also had the same thought about camping gear and hotel rooms. Since I'm not terribly concerned about space and this one weighs about 3 pounds, I think the synthetic would be okay.

I don't recall the exact type but we have 5 of the 0 degree bags (REI Brand) been pretty happy with them, they are not down though... probably need to pick one up. but outfitting a group of 5 people we don't get to go too Cadillac on anything..

The bag has a secret vent on the underside.
Wow, that means you don't even have to get out of the bag to take a leak.

I used Google translate and got this:

[SIZE=9pt]There is this shit any more beautiful life could [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]have been if not forced to shit all night,
plays with me what this life is shit

That touches me will be glad if yours[/SIZE]
I like that he has two chairs. I figure he's going to a kegger and they told them to bring chairs. That's why I had chairs strapped to my bike a few weeks ago.

Back