silly question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MetroRAFB

How long did you folks that have taken the exam previously get for lunch between the morning and the afternoon sessions? I know we're supposed to bring a lunch, blah, blah, etc. etc. et. all, I'm just curious. I wonder if it's up to the discretion of the proctors or if it's a rigid 1-hr break.

I was in the same room as petergibbons, so I say we had an hour. LOL.

I think it was 55 minutes actually, because they were trying to get back on schedule.

I went to the mall next door, and had chinese at the food court. yummy.

Here in Houston TSPE provided lunch for all of us free of charge! :true: (I'm a member now). From what I remember we had right at one hour for lunch.

I was in the same room as petergibbons, so I say we had an hour. LOL.
I think it was 55 minutes actually, because they were trying to get back on schedule.

I went to the mall next door, and had chinese at the food court. yummy.
I had sesame chicken from the same place. I left early so i had some extra time to kill. I played video games at the 3 game arcade in the food court.

In VA last time it was about 55 to 60 minutes. Had to hurry to eat.

When I took the FE I packed a lunch - that worked out well.

I was in the same room as petergibbons, so I say we had an hour.  LOL.

I went to the mall next door, and had chinese at the food court.  yummy.
I had sesame chicken from the same place. I left early so i had some extra time to kill. I played video games at the 3 game arcade in the food court.
That's hilarious. I had the sesame chicken too, cause they didn't have General Tso's.

Why is it that the shitty Wong's Wok places at mall food courts never have general tso's

Why is it that the shitty Wong's Wok places at mall food courts never have general tso's
The General did not relinquish the copyright/trademark for his chicken to the malls and fast food Chinese restaurants because he doesn't believe in fast food. He feels it needs to be done in more of a formal setting to be done right.

I wonder if they actually eat that **** in China. I also wonder if, since we have "Dragon Buffet" Chinese food, do they have "Joe's Kitchen" burgers and dogs.

Sorry, Im a little bored at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they actually eat that **** in China. I also wonder if, since we have "Dragon Buffet" Chinese food, do they have "Joe's Kitchen" burgers and dogs.
Sorry, Im a little bored at work.
by saying "dogs", I mean hot dogs. :eek:

It's probably a little harder to come by cat in a mall setting. :lmao: Most malls have a pet store though. :dunno:

where you taking it?

I didnt last time, and it was a huge mistake, there was NOTHING close, but a CVS in the hood near the GA Exam (Macon) lunch was a bag of trail mix and mountain dew.

I will take a lunch most definatley this time. I may even bum a smoke off of someone

FL, I went to school in GA though, I know which CVS you're talking about. I don't think there will be anything close to my location either so I'll bring my lunch and a book and veg. out until the afternoon session begins.

when i took the FE this April, i packed lunch. took the exam in Kississmee, FL.

i would suggest packing a small cooler with a few bottles of water, sandwiches, chips and some fruit. maybe some mixed nuts for protein.

it worked for me; although they were selling hotdogs in the lobby for lunch if you wanted...

Gator,

I was there with you taking the exam. I hit the Burger King for lunch. Now was that a nasty area around the exam or what? I thought my truck was going to get broken into the night before the test.

BTW, did you pass?

RLEON82

Forgot to mention,

When I took it in Louisiana, they (not sure what entity) were selling sandwiches (Fudgepump would love this), wraps and salads right outside of the doors during lunch break.

Ed

Gator,
I was there with you taking the exam. I hit the Burger King for lunch. Now was that a nasty area around the exam or what? I thought my truck was going to get broken into the night before the test.

BTW, did you pass?

RLEON82
rleon,

hi, fellow floridian!!! :)

yes, i was very fortunate (prepared?); i passed the FE. i took the afternoon general.

luckily, my car (Acura) is very old, so I wasn't too concerned, but yes, the neighborhood had me worried. did you get a hotel nearby? i stayed with a friend, but since he moved back to St. Augustine, i don't know what i'll do this time for lodging...

in apr 07, i will take the PE, ME-Machine Design.

how about you???

Our break in VT was roughly an hour, probably a little more.

I had some extra time because I finished the AM session a little early. Ate lunch in my car, then took a walk to get some fresh air and relax. Looked around a couple of the little shops in town, and headed back in.

Back