Seismic Review course in SoCal?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivingSideways

Reaction score
From what I can tell, Hiner is not doing a San Diego seismic review course for October. "the other board" has a special to register before November 30. I'd prefer to take Hiner's class, but I need to take something... I took the exam for the second time in April and I'm not optimistic that I passed. Does anybody have any recommendations for a good review? I'm sick of taking (and studying for) this stupid seismic exam! I'm in Los Angeles, by the way. Thanks!

From what I can tell, Hiner is not doing a San Diego seismic review course for October. "the other board" has a special to register before November 30. I'd prefer to take Hiner's class, but I need to take something... I took the exam for the second time in April and I'm not optimistic that I passed. Does anybody have any recommendations for a good review? I'm sick of taking (and studying for) this stupid seismic exam! I'm in Los Angeles, by the way. Thanks!
Whoops, I didn't realize that saying the name of 'the other board' is verboten, won't do it again!!! :)

Where in SoCal are you? The Irvine Institute is the one I'd go for if I was out there. All my friends from SD drove up for it and passed after they took it. If you're in SD you could try the YMF ASCE one.

Where in SoCal are you? The Irvine Institute is the one I'd go for if I was out there. All my friends from SD drove up for it and passed after they took it. If you're in SD you could try the YMF ASCE one.
Thanks - I think I will look into the Irvine Insitute after I find out my results (I am pretty sure I'll be taking seismic for the third time - it's not very intuitive stuff for me!) Anyway, here is the response I got from Hiner:

Sorry about the delayed response.

<Is there going to be a San Diego or other Southern California location for the April 2008 review course?>That was my original plan … until I got caught up in the re-write of the workbook to the 2006 IBC. Now it’s a not realistic possibility, so I will have to shelve that idea for at least the fall 2008 exam.

Regards,

Steven T. Hiner, SE

Oh well! I hear his classes are great. Please God let me have achieved a miracle of correct multiple choice guesses and passed the October PE!

Back