AEI PE-Structural Course vs. AEI CA Seismic Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR4100

Reaction score
I took the AEI Vertical and Lateral courses to help me pass the 16-hour PE-Structural exam about a year and a half ago. I found the courses extremely helpful and the provided notes were very valuable during the exams.

I am now looking into take the CA seismic exam to obtain a CA PE license. Has anybody taken both the 16-hour structural exam lateral course and the CA seismic course through AEI? If so, is there any significant benefit to doing so? Or would I likely be OK just re-studying my notes from the AEI lateral course? I think it's still relatively fresh in my mind if I went through my old notes for a few weeks. But I'd be willing to still take a course specifically for the CA seismic exam if necessary.

Thanks!

If you can do SE lateral, then CA seismic is a piece of cake. Mainly testing on ASCE with a little bit of SDPWS. No steel seismic Manual, ACI or TMS involved.

Yep, I agree with Kirby. CA seismic is a cakewalk after you have taken SE lateral with AEI. A course for CA seismic seems redundant in my opinion.

Back