Seals from Engineerseals.com diameter too small???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCPE

Reaction score
I have notice that my stamp for SC diameter is smaller compared to older seals. Anybody run into this???

I got both my seals from that site and both were approved by their respective state boards. I haven't had a problem.

Seals change periodically, my boss got his VT stamp like 3 years ago and it's already different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kinda wierd because all the other seals I have seen are a large diameter (as well as having 2 stars on them).

The larger ones are 1 & 7/8" OD. Mine is 1.75" OD. I need to check SCLLR's website for the requirement. It doesnt seem like much but it is noticeable.

Requirements for Kentucky:

KRS 322.340 requires every licensee to have an embossed metallic seal or a rubber stamp. Samples are depicted above. The preferred sizes are 1 3/8? for the engineering seal or stamp (maximum size of 1 5/8?) and 1 1/4? for the surveying seal or stamp (maximum size 1 1/2?).

http://kyboels.ky.gov/stamps.htm

I got my first seal from Engineeringseals.com and it hass already fallen apart. Only 3 months of use. Its just some sort of plastic. I orderd a new one from some corporate supply company its brass and plastic imbossers, much better.

FYI the VA seal is 2" and my NC is 1 5/8"

Back