Can I request FE exam waive with the Louisiana PE Board? AND To submit NCEES record, does uni need to put transcript request form in the seal envelop?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nishan

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have 2 questions as per below.

First question is to request to waive FE Exam with Louisiana PE Board
I am a currently P.Eng in Canada and PE with Texas PE board (I passed my PE Exam and FE exam waive at that time). I have more than 19 years of working experience (13 years in Singapore + 5 years in Canada + 1 year in USA). To register PE with Louisiana PE board, I saw on their website, I must submit FE exam pass result (Is this true?).
I have
(i) A master degree from foreign country A,
(ii) A bachelor degree from foreign country B,
(iii) Advanced Diploma from foreign country A,
My question is can I request Louisiana PE Board to waive FE exam requirement for me? Is this possible request and anyone has the similar experience like me?

Second question is for NCEES record
As my bachelor and master degree are from foreign countries and does the university need to put below documents inside the seal envelope together with the education documents? Or No need, as University can send only Degree Scroll sheet and transcripts to NCEES and I can email Course description to NCEES?
(i) Course Description and
(ii) Transcript Request Form

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you still have to pass the FE Exam, even if you have already passed the PE (with the FE exam waiver via TX Board). The same applies for here in Florida also. It's a silly rule IMO. Both Louisiana and Texas do not honor the FE waiver given through the Texas Board.

It's silly there aren't rules that apply across the entire country. Some states allow the PE exam to be taken before getting 4 years of experience right after passing the FE, which defeats the purpose of the PE exam (which is supposed to be that you have gained necessary engineering experience), YET an Engineer who has passed the PE exam still has to take the FE exam to be considered a Professional Engineer in several states because a FE waiver is not allowed.

Passing the PE exam should equal FINISHED WITH TESTING. Sorry for my rant.

Last edited:
Did not know some states won't honor FE waiver even if you already passed the PE, which is a national exam. That's very silly/strange. Glad my work/position only requires a PE from any state!

1. About LA licensing issue:
Here it is.
http://www.lapels.com/contact.htmlJust ask.

2. About NCEES Credential Evaluation issue:
Here it is.
https://help.ncees.org/article/74-what-is-an-ncees-credentials-evaluationIt tells,
"
All applicants must provide the following from all universities attended and for all college-level coursework and degrees earned.

• Official academic transcript (MUST be mailed from school directly to NCEES)
  • Official diploma or certificate of graduation
  • Official course descriptions
"

Last edited:
Back