SE by comity in CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a registered SE in a few other states (initial license by way of the 16-hr SE exam prior to moving to CA) and also have an active CA Civil PE license. I hand delivered my CA SE comity application to the board six weeks ago and my check was cashed a few days later. I have not yet received any communication. For those of you who have gone through this recently, is this normal?

An earlier post in this thread suggests the board could be prioritizing review of candidates wanting to sit for the SE exam in April as the NCEES deadline to sign up is Today 2/24, is this fair to assume? Thanks in advance!

I am a registered SE in a few other states (initial license by way of the 16-hr SE exam prior to moving to CA) and also have an active CA Civil PE license. I hand delivered my CA SE comity application to the board six weeks ago and my check was cashed a few days later. I have not yet received any communication. For those of you who have gone through this recently, is this normal?

An earlier post in this thread suggests the board could be prioritizing review of candidates wanting to sit for the SE exam in April as the NCEES deadline to sign up is Today 2/24, is this fair to assume? Thanks in advance!
Yes, SE applications for individuals who had not yet taken and passed the SE exam were reviewed prior to the NCEES registration deadline. Comity applicants will be reviewed in the next 1-2 weeks.

Yes, SE applications for individuals who had not yet taken and passed the SE exam were reviewed prior to the NCEES registration deadline. Comity applicants will be reviewed in the next 1-2 weeks.

Great, thank you for your response. Happy Friday!

Dr. V, did things work out? Any issues with your comity application? I am in the same boat and waiting to hear on my application.
Yes, no issues at the end of the day but it took a while to get approved, got the approval sometime in July. I hand delivered my application to the board on Mid-January. So it was a 6-month waiting period. I heard it was relatively quicker for some other candidates, so not sure why it was slightly longer for me. I was never contacted, so I do not think there was any issue with my experience and/or references.

when did you applied?
I applied in late June or early July this year and still waiting for responses.
I received my email notifying me of application receipt on November 16th. I think that was a couple of weeks after they cashed my check a was a couple of weeks after I mailed the application.

Just two hours ago I received the email notifying me that my application was approved! It's hard to believe, but it seems my timeline was under two months. That might be a record...

Now just waiting to see my license # show up on the website.

I received my email notifying me of application receipt on November 16th. I think that was a couple of weeks after they cashed my check a was a couple of weeks after I mailed the application.

Just two hours ago I received the email notifying me that my application was approved! It's hard to believe, but it seems my timeline was under two months. That might be a record...

Now just waiting to see my license # show up on the website.
"That might be a record..." far from it. Just enjoy the moment

Just sent my application today. I have already taken and passed the exam. Fingers crossed for a speedy process!

Back