SCUBA Diving

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ventilator

Reaction score
After reading the sad post about the diving accident I figured I'd post a happier thread for diving stories.

I haven't gone in prob 5-6 years, me and the wife stopped after she got pregnant with the first kid because we just didn't have time to go and I miss it now.

So just wondering who all dives on here and what are some of your favorite places and things to do (springs, reefs, spearfish, etc)?

I've dove springs (blue grotto, devils den, gennie springs), the gulf of mexico, in the Keys, and two different lakes (crappy check out dives for certification).

The springs are my favorite but once you've done them there isn't much else to see, the gulf visibility is crappy until you're below 40ft, and the Keys are great but I have to charter dives if I go down which gets expensive.

All in all I'd say I have about 20 dives total and no bad experiences. I did peak over a ledge on a reef in the keys and found a nurse shark about 2ft from my face so that was a surprise. On that same trip we were on a boat with some guys from Michigan. On the ride out they were putting on their wetsuits which were what we always called farmer johns complete with hoods. They asked us what we were doing because we only had tshirts and swim trunks on and laughed when we said we didn't need wetsuits. After the first dive they came out and realized they weren't diving lake Michigan they didn't think we were so crazy.

I've only done a few assisted dives but always liked them and never had any bad experiences. My favorite thus far was the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. :thumbs:

Back