Riddle me this batman

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't leave an aviation thread alone.

The plane will fly. Just make sure to tap the breaks before retracting the gear or you'll get black marks in the wheel wells.

As a side note, my stupid pilot trick of the day was taxiing half-way across the Greater Rockford Airport with the parking brake partially engaged. Burned some extra gas and heated up the brakes a little. This is the crap that happens when you're trying to configure the new radio instead of concentrating on operating the aircraft.

Jim

Well, I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but as long as the conveyor belt matches the speed of the airplane down the runway, how could it ever get anough lift to take off?

Maybe I should be studying for the exam tomorrow...

Please not again, I think you guys (gal) are just trying to bait me again.
Of course the thing will fly. With no issues either.

I'm gonna have to watch that episode. Let's remind everyone on here the day before and day of.
Reminder: it's on tonight.

Dec 12, 9:00 pm

(60 minutes) MythBusters

Air Plane Hour

TV-PG

Jamie and Adam take wing to test if a person with no flight training can safely land an airplane and if a plane can take off from a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction. Tory, Grant, and Kari jump on some Hollywood-inspired skydiving myths.

Replay at 1 AM.

(I may need to start a running commentary thread while this is on.)

mythbuster-kari.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Please do. I don't get that channel.
WHA???? :eek:hmy:

How can you survive without that channel? I don't think I'd bother owning a TV if it weren't for the discovery channel and history channel (and college football).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 9:00 pm
(60 minutes) MythBusters

Air Plane Hour

TV-PG

Jamie and Adam take wing to test if a person with no flight training can safely land an airplane and if a plane can take off from a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction. Tory, Grant, and Kari jump on some Hollywood-inspired skydiving myths.

Replay at 1 AM.

(I may need to start a running commentary thread while this is on.)

mythbuster-kari.jpg
^^ is that Kari? :wub:

I hardly watch any TV aside from childrens shows that I am forced to watch, but most of what I do watch is on History and Discovery. I'm glad VT turned me on to Dirty Jobs. I am still not sure when it airs, but I have caught it a few times recently and it was cool. Deadliest catch was awesome, but it changed times and I can't find it now. (No TV guide out here). I probably will not get to see the Mythbusters episode, so I would appreciate the commentary too.

if a plane can take off from a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction.
What the fuck? I missed the first 10 minutes of this one, but unless it happened then, we got pwn3d.

All I saw was skydiving myths with the B-team, and Adam and Jamie trying to land a flight simulator. Damn.

Did I miss something? I didn't see anything on the conveyor belt. I checked the website and this episode was supposed to have it and I didn't see it even mentioned.

They did not air the episode, but I believe it will be on next month.

By the way, without wind passing over the wings, the plane will not fly. The jets might give is some lift initially, but it will crash moments later.

Back