Reza 2.47

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passpepasspe

Reaction score
Guys, I was wondering if someone has the REza Survey book and can help me understand # 47 from chapter 2. I have the spring 2011 version, It is cross-sectional leveling. I just don't understand where he gets the 961.5 ft and why does he use it for both right and left intercept.

If anyone has done this problem differently, please comment.

thanks.

Guys, I was wondering if someone has the REza Survey book and can help me understand # 47 from chapter 2. I have the spring 2011 version, It is cross-sectional leveling. I just don't understand where he gets the 961.5 ft and why does he use it for both right and left intercept.

If anyone has done this problem differently, please comment.

thanks.
I wish everyone that asked a question about a problem, would post the problem! <hint-hint> ;)

Anyway,

pass, I think I have this book but all my stuff is loaned out so could you please scan and post the problem so we can help you? Thanks.

I am too afraid to get in trouble for posting exact questions, but I siuppose if I am not making money off it, that is okay.. See attached problem statement and solution.

THANKS!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have worried about that myself. But, I assume it's harmless. Especially since you are giving credit to the author and using it in an innocent way.

Ok, I looked at your problem. The solution definitely could be clearer. But, the 961.5 you are questioning is the elevation of the OG (original ground) at the CL. The HI is at elev 968.11, right? And the leveling notes state that the instrument read 6.6'. Thus, the elev at the OG is 968.11 - 6.6 = 961.51. The elev of the OG at 45' rt of CL = 968.11 - 8.1 = 960.01. Therefore the slope of the OG rt of CL is (961.51 - 960.01) / 45 = 3.33%. The same procedure is done for the left side. Does that answer your question?

My pleasure. I enjoy Surveying problems. I know you already took the exam (good luck!) but if you (or anyone else?) want me to post my solution in its entirety, just let me know. Again, best of luck with your results late this month/early next month.

Back