RESULTS!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a history that NCEES invalidated an exam because the machine can't scan a particular answer sheet because of erasures?

Is there a history that NCEES invalidated an exam because the machine can't scan a particular answer sheet because of erasures?
We haven't heard anything anecdotal and I highly doubt they'd invalidate a test because of too many erasure marks.  A routine 'wrong answer' score for a question is more likely if it looks like two+ answers were filled in.

We know they do manual scoring on a small fraction of tests as part of their QA process. If they somehow caught a really erasured-up score sheet, one would think, that a manual scoring would determine the final score.

Are you worried that it could effect your score?

We haven't heard anything anecdotal and I highly doubt they'd invalidate a test because of too many erasure marks.  A routine 'wrong answer' score for a question is more likely if it looks like two+ answers were filled in.

We know they do manual scoring on a small fraction of tests as part of their QA process. If they somehow caught a really erasured-up score sheet, one would think, that a manual scoring would determine the final score.

Are you worried that it could effect your score?
Partially yes. I think i have 5-7 erasures all in all. But I erased it neatly.

Reason I ask is because here in our country, there is also a paper and pencil exam for engineering graduates for them to practice engineering professionally. The exam can be invalidated in case you have a messy answer sheet and the machine cant read it.

Oh man. Fear can make us think anything. Don't worry dude. You should be fine with the erasures. I would say atleat 95% of the people would have atleast 5 erasures in their paper. And well you are fine. I remember a guy saying that he was scared because his answer sheet tore by one tenth of an inch on one side. He was worried his paper would be invalidated. I would say don't worry about your entire paperbeing invalidated. If the machine says it can read your paper, there probably would be a manual check on the same (just my personal guess). It is a huge test and someone wouldn't invalidate your test because of these reasons. All you have to worry is that if you have checked the right answer :p

I don't think you have to worry about erasures.
That's a relief. Thank you.

Oh man. Fear can make us think anything. Don't worry dude. You should be fine with the erasures. I would say atleat 95% of the people would have atleast 5 erasures in their paper. And well you are fine. I remember a guy saying that he was scared because his answer sheet tore by one tenth of an inch on one side. He was worried his paper would be invalidated. I would say don't worry about your entire paperbeing invalidated. If the machine says it can read your paper, there probably would be a manual check on the same (just my personal guess). It is a huge test and someone wouldn't invalidate your test because of these reasons. All you have to worry is that if you have checked the right answer :p
Haha. I see. So I guess we just have to wait until December then. Thanks

Results will be released on 12/6. Proof as follows..

Exam date: 10/26

10+26 = 36

3+6 = 9

Results day: 12/06

12+6 = 18

1+8 = 9
tenor.gif

And I can sacrifice myself to Zoltar... just for you guys to pass. Please take me to THAT Volcano!!
But if you sacrifice for the greater good, you won't ever get to see the results yourself. Zoltar grant you a passing score for that level of altruism.

I remember a guy saying that he was scared because his answer sheet tore by one tenth of an inch on one side. He was worried his paper would be invalidated. I would say don't worry about your entire paperbeing invalidated.
I'd probably have freaked out about that too.

Back