Residential HVAC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chucktown, I'm assuming since you were "digging around the house last weekend" that you got the house?

Chucktown, I'm assuming since you were "digging around the house last weekend" that you got the house?

No, I wish. If I got the house I wouldn't be posting, I'd be working my a$$ off trying to finish it. The house is open so I've been able to get it and snoop around. I've met quite a few contractors over there trying to determine costs to complete.

If you have a guide or something that you can point me to I could probably do it and maybe you could review it?
I'm getting a 33.1 MBH Sensible and 36.0 MBH Total for the upstairs only. That's probably a 3.5 ton, I'll have to check vendor data.

I'll run the bottom also.

Looking at the floor plan, in my opinion, you're better off running a third unit for the master bedroom suite. 1.) I like it colder in the bedroom, and 2.) You can use programmable stats to place the downstairs in "unoccupied" during the sleeping hours. 3.) With the configuration as it is, you're going to have drastically different loads for the main house versus the bedroom suite.

Did you check the duct work? If they have a three ton air handler, I'd venture to guess that was the plan all along.
Hey jmbeck, did you ever verify that the downstairs was a 3 ton unit?

A 3 ton unit downstairs would be impressive indeed....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back