Renting videos from the store

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have over the air in the kitchen, and I actually enjoy the programming on it a good bit. Especially the ETV channels and Retro TV.

since we havent gotten a raise in 4 years, we are cutting the cable and the home phone, a little over $120 a month.. we picked up a 3rd cell phone to use as the home phone, but the only person that ever calls us on it are telemarketers or some calling post to tell us some crap about the school, its Betsy's the cafetria managers birthday or something really important...

I keep saying we should also turn off the electricity to save money but somehow I cant make that work..

I just bought an Ooma for my home phone line. You buy the device (I got mine as a refurb for $100) and the only bill you pay for the life of the device is tax and regulatory fees (911 fees). For my location that works out to about $3.40 per month.

You get unlimited calling in the US, caller id, voicemail, etc..

I've been really happy with it thus far.

I can't bring myself to cut the TV yet, but my TV bill is only $45 a month, so it doesn't hurt to much. For that I get ESPN U which I always say should just be renamed ESPN ACC. ACC games aren't good enough to be shown on a real network so we need our own rinky-dink ESPN broadcast with Pam Ward commentating.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I will read some more about that when I get home.. at this point I am going to have to get a bigger wi fi router with all these "things" plugged into them..

On the phone subject - is there any way to get google voice via a home phone style handset? I'm moving to Japan in a few months and would like to keep my Google Voice for calling home. I hear Vonage works too, but you have to sign up in the US first then bring it overseas.

Back