References and Experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sulliv32

Reaction score
When filling out the experience for the application I know you list the PE you worked for. What if you left your first job after a year or two and do not talk to the PE anymore. If they are not listed as a reference will the boards still contact them to follow up or will they only contact the references?

they will likely have to sign/fill out form verifying employment since you will need to account for the time.

My experience might (somewhat?) answer your question. I think CA might have since revised the forms but when I was filling out my application/engagement forms (mid 2010), there was a spot for your "Supervisor" and for your "Reference" for that particular engagement. Well, I was not able to reach one of my supervisors for one of my engagement periods. I simply put his name and, where it asked for contact info, I put "Unable to contact". Luckily, I was still in touch with another PE from that engagement period. This PE was my "Reference" instead of my direct supervisor. Good luck.

Back