Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I routinely see wild critters in the area around the house. Just this past weekend, two moose and several eagles. Can hear the coyotes every now and again, had a fox run across the road a few weeks back.

Somewhere on my phone, I have a photo of a moose walking across Lake Hood in Anchorage (it's still frozen) from a few weeks back.

Then again, I'm in a more rural setting.

There used to be coyote sighting in my neighborhood. Recently it's been lots of opossums. A couple actually dug under the slab of my house followed the pipes, and came up through the slab under my bathtub. We hired a trapper to relocate them and fix the place they were getting in.

usually butt or pocket dialed calls happen from people you know. There was a multi-minute message on my work phone from a random person that clearly was a butt or pocket dial. It was just lots of people talking in the background.

Facebook keeps giving me ads for "Colon Broom", claiming I can drink it to hit my ideal weight. Uh, if I'm "cleansing" THAT much weight, there isn't a chance in hell this neighborhood's sewer system is designed to handle that sort of volume.

Facebook keeps giving me ads for "Colon Broom", claiming I can drink it to hit my ideal weight. Uh, if I'm "cleansing" THAT much weight, there isn't a chance in hell this neighborhood's sewer system is designed to handle that sort of volume.
That name sounds like something straight of a 90s SNL sketch.

On my way back from the boot store last evening, I passed a white Tesla Model 3 that had rear-ended a school bus in front of a daycare. Methinks someone is losing their license, and that we're not quite ready for fully autonomous vehicles.

That's big bucks for 10 ounces. But maybe 10 ounces is all you need?

Track is turning out to be an expensive sport with all the extras...the everyday track hoodie, the Conference t-shirt, the sectional t-shirt, etc...

took minisnick to 6 flags yesterday....the forecast a couple days before wasn't supposed to too bad, but it ended up like 108 heat index.

seemed like several rides couldn't handle the heat. Got all the way up to the boss and were ready to walk on the ride and they closed it down...the breaks were apparently doing something wonky as they turned the corner to the loading platform. We waited like 10 minutes to see if it was a quick fix but we left the line. Looked like they reopened another 10-15 minutes later, but when we went back later it was closed again. Same thing on a couple others.

we got stuck in the dark on the justice league ride...thankfully it is indoors with ac.

Back