Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some licenses that size, like the size of a check. FL did mail my EIT certificate, but a year or two ago they stopped mailing everything. Probably just to save money.
I know historically they were 8.5x11 ish.

And I don't know anyone who has gotten a VT one recently. They switched their system from paper to online in 2017/2018. Half of my application was paper and half was online, it was not ideal.

I've seen some licenses that size, like the size of a check. FL did mail my EIT certificate, but a year or two ago they stopped mailing everything. Probably just to save money.
California is interesting. We get a somewhat fancy (not nearly as fancy as Missouri, homagahhh...) 8.5"x11" wall certificate, AND a strangely-larger-than-a-credit-card paper wallet certificate that we have to laminate, AND a plastic credit-card-sized ID card. Not sure when I'd have to show it, but in a pinch I can scrape ice off my windshield with it?

California is interesting. We get a somewhat fancy (not nearly as fancy as Missouri, homagahhh...) 8.5"x11" wall certificate, AND a strangely-larger-than-a-credit-card paper wallet certificate that we have to laminate, AND a plastic credit-card-sized ID card. Not sure when I'd have to show it, but in a pinch I can scrape ice off my windshield with it?
I did also get a wallet card to print off.

One would think with all the money I paid to them for licensure they could afford to print and mail a nice certificate.

We went from this:

View attachment 15699

To this:

View attachment 15700

No gothlic fonts or anything.
I don’t understand Florida lol. I received my license at the end of November and then a few weeks later, I received a paper certificate in the mail that looks like the old style. Not complaining at all as the mailed certificate is very nice but I didn’t think I’d get one.

Day 1 of reducing my coffee intake. Something I've been meaning to do for weeks lol. Going back to 1 cup of coffee at work, instead of 2. 

Guess its time to get to studying, I woke up in a panic cause I had a dream that I waiting until the day before the April PE exam to start studying. Welcome to 2020.

The rain has begun.

Looks like it's going to be raining all weekend.

I don’t understand Florida lol. I received my license at the end of November and then a few weeks later, I received a paper certificate in the mail that looks like the old style. Not complaining at all as the mailed certificate is very nice but I didn’t think I’d get one.
November 2018 or 2019?

Bleh. Boss just reminded everyone monthly activity reports are due. I hate trying to go back through the month and making a write up on everything I've worked on.

Feels like lazy micro-managing tbh.

Back at work today.. slowly adjusting to wearing pants with a zipper again. 
NY&Co makes dress pants without buttons or zippers. They are essentially yoga pants and like 45$. Come in long or short inseams. LOVE THEM. 

just sayin' 

Back