Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that could explain why she was so confused?  I really wish I had the time to stay and see what happened..

theres construction going on immediately adjacent to my building. i'm on the 6th floor. and i feel a LOT of vibration all the way up here. It stresses me out. 

theres construction going on immediately adjacent to my building. i'm on the 6th floor. and i feel a LOT of vibration all the way up here. It stresses me out. 
Need to reapply the vibrations to somewhere that relieves stress...

wat dat mean
I don't really know - peak particle velocity or something - I'm on a job where we're digging up a road with 10+ story buildings 50' away and burying a bunch of massive box culverts and if the PPV goes over 1 in /sec then bad juju happens - it may be 1 ft / sec - that part of the project isn't my bag so I generally gloss over that during the meeting...

I don't really know - peak particle velocity or something - I'm on a job where we're digging up a road with 10+ story buildings 50' away and burying a bunch of massive box culverts and if the PPV goes over 1 in /sec then bad juju happens - it may be 1 ft / sec - that part of the project isn't my bag so I generally gloss over that during the meeting...
it feels like someone is right next door outside my window, on this level, dropping this

timthumb.php

from straight overhead, to the floor.

Never gonna run around and desert you 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back