Quick books favor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
Anyone have/use Quickbooks?  I’m on the board of a local professional society and our longtime bookkeeper passed away.  She used quickbooks to maintain the books for the society.  The bookkeepers daughter gave us a copy of a quickbooks backup file but we can’t open it as we don’t have the software and somehow the bookkeepers computer is no more.  I have no experience with quickbooks but looking on line it seems it is possible to export a quickbooks project to excel format.  Anyone got quickbooks that can convert it for me?  It’s a .qbb file.

Online one site says I can import directly to excel but I haven’t had any success.

any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I think I have someone that can do this. I'll send out a message and report back. If I can, will need you to email me the file. :thumbs:

Thanks

the file is 55MB do you have an FTP site I can send to?

@knight1fox3 I sent you the file using my work FTP you should get an email to download.

Thanks
Got the file. But ran into this error message when trying to open. I don't have much experience with QB to know if there are any work-arounds unfortunately. I'm wondering if it's some type of version mis-match. My guess would be that this file was created with an older version of QB and the S/W version being used to open it has some type of incompatibility issue.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think the error might be related to the spaces and punctuation in the filename? or does QB automatically name their files that way?

Thanks for trying.

I will check with The Wife when I get home, we used to have QuickBooks for her business around 10 years ago, if we still have it I can mail it to you if you want to mess with it

Sounds like .qbb is a quickbooks backup file.  You may have to open quickbooks and restore the backup rather than opening it directly?  Or you could try renaming the .qbb extension to .qbw

Also, let's make fun of k1f3's list of files.  

Sounds like .qbb is a quickbooks backup file.  You may have to open quickbooks and restore the backup rather than opening it directly?  Or you could try renaming the .qbb extension to .qbw

Also, let's make fun of k1f3's list of files. 
I'm of the understanding that it is a quickbooks backup file and needs to be opened/restored with QB.

do you think the error might be related to the spaces and punctuation in the filename? or does QB automatically name their files that way?

Thanks for trying.
I didn't catch that it's a QB back-up file. Is there any chance at getting the original source file? Does the *.QBW file not exist? 

I didn't catch that it's a QB back-up file. Is there any chance at getting the original source file? Does the *.QBW file not exist? 
that's all I was given.  I think if one has quickbooks and "restores" it from backup then it will create a proper quickbook file that can then be exported to excel format.

Back