PTOE exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is there too! it's official! I still can't believe it.

Now for the big question, anyone getting a raise over getting their PTOE? If so, how much? I know these are hard times but I was just wondering...

Has any one in Canada recieved the results yet?
I received my results today and passed. The PTOE results show your score along with the examination windows group low, average and high scores in each of the subject area. It is very good, lets you know how much you socred. My name does not appear in the directory yet since I had not paid the certification fee at the time of application. It would be a good idea to pay the examination fee of $150 + certification fee of $275 so that your name will appear at the TPCB website as soon as you have passed.

Good luck to all those who are planning to take the future exams.

MAA

PTOE folks,

how to get ready for this closed book exam? I am only using the ITE/PTOE exam refresher hanbook!! and wondering what else to do? because I was told not to work like any PE problems...advice? Thanks.

I think the PTOE refresher problems are a good start. You won't need to do too many calculations. Most of the questions are "street knowledge" pardon the pun. I took it this past fall and thought it was ridiculously hard. If I were to study for it again, I would read the ITE Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning cover to cover. Transportation Safety is also a large part of the exam. There are some topics that you will only be able to answer with experience in the field. The best of luck to you!

PTOE folks,
how to get ready for this closed book exam? I am only using the ITE/PTOE exam refresher hanbook!! and wondering what else to do? because I was told not to work like any PE problems...advice? Thanks.
PTOE seems to be mind boggling/trivia and extremely hard. You do a problem and cannot find the answer among the choices. Is someone really checking the ansers? There is this bottlenceck problem and nobody seem to know how to answer. There are many questions like that. They twist and turn the questions and make it rediculously hard. They seem to fail 15 people all the time (may be they are all first timers). Few questions seems to be rediculously easy. You can do 50% withouit much preparation and the other you do not know what or how to prepare. Leave it to luck...i Guess.......may questions do not even pertain to traffic operations.....i am pissed off with this test.....no books to read except for the 2002 refresher book by ite or attend their webinar for $700 for no benifit since ptoe is not needed for many jobs, ...initially it was made easy but now it is hard....you need tons ofluck

Did anybody take PTOE in June 2010? If so, how was it? What type of questions were asked? Do you recall any?

Did anybody take PTOE in June 2010? If so, how was it? What type of questions were asked? Do you recall any?

I'm taking the PTOE this week. I haven't put too much time in for "studying" (hard to find time to study anyway with a 3 month old at home), but based on conversations that I have had with a couple of people who have passed the exam in the past few years, I'm not too concerned about the test. We'll see how it goes.

In regards to what type of questions will be asked, I assume that you have seen this:

http://www.tpcb.org/ptoe/format.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody got the result for PTOE/ PTP June 2010 window tests?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the result yet?
no results yet. This wednesday, July 28, will be 4 weeks after the testing period ended (4 weeks after June 30). In the past, PTOE results have been mailed out 4-6 weeks after the testing period ends. So I'm guessing (hoping, actually) that results will be mailed later this week or early next week. But if things go towards the 6 weeks side of the 4-6 week timeframe, it might not be until the 2nd week of August...

Anybody got the result for PTOE/ PTP June 2010 window tests?
I think PTOE results are mailed out 4-6 weeks after the testing period ends. This Wednesday, July 28, will be 4 weeks since the end of the testing period (which ended June 30). So hopefully results will be mailed soon :)

Contacted Ms. Ann O'Neill, August 3rd, she said she's still waiting for the results!! It's really annoying for us and embarrassing for them to wait this long for a computer base test result!!!!! TPCB should change this.

Latest posts

Back