PTOE exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contacted Ms. Ann O'Neill, August 3rd, she said she's still waiting for the results!! It's really annoying for us and embarrassing for them to wait this long for a computer base test result!!!!! TPCB should change this.
I agree, there's no reason we should have to wait this long. I understand not giving immediate results, because other people may be taking the test later in the same month. But there's no technical reason (that I can think of) why results can't be sent out within 1 week of the end of the testing period.

Today is now 5 weeks since the end of the testing period, so we're still within the 4-6 week range that they told us.

Nothing!! I called them and Ann is on vacation. I presume this is a racquet science and no body else can do it!!!!! Everybody should suffer until she's back. What a stupid system!!!

Nothing!! I called them and Ann is on vacation. I presume this is a racquet science and no body else can do it!!!!! Everybody should suffer until she's back. What a stupid system!!!

ANY NEWS from ANN or anybody????????

no news yet. We're definitely outside the 4-6 weeks after the testing period ends. This Wed (Aug 18) will be 7 weeks since the end of the testing period.

I sent an email last week and have not heard anything back yet. Its a computer base test with less than 100 people taking it during any testing period. There is absolutely no excuse that it takes 7+ weeks to know if you passed.

no news yet. We're definitely outside the 4-6 weeks after the testing period ends. This Wed (Aug 18) will be 7 weeks since the end of the testing period.

My boss just stopped by my office asking if I received my pass/fail notice so I could update my resume for a proposal that we are working on. Since I haven’t received it yet I can't include it in the proposal. The delay does have tangible repercussions!

My boss just stopped by my office asking if I received my pass/fail notice so I could update my resume for a proposal that we are working on. Since I haven’t received it yet I can't include it in the proposal. The delay does have tangible repercussions!
nothing today either?????????

nothing today either?????????
According to ITE the results are in the mail....

A little more detail, now that I've read through the letter a few times.

Total PTOE candidates in June 2010 = 46

Total Passing = 33

pass rate = 72%

I had heard about/read about past tests, and a pass rate of ~85%. I don't really know if that's true or not, but I am curious how the June 2010 test compared to previous exams...

A little more detail, now that I've read through the letter a few times.Total PTOE candidates in June 2010 = 46

Total Passing = 33

pass rate = 72%

I had heard about/read about past tests, and a pass rate of ~85%. I don't really know if that's true or not, but I am curious how the June 2010 test compared to previous exams...
No letter for me yet. Just curious but is your name in the directory now? A coworker saw her name in the directory before she got the letter a couple tests ago

A little more detail, now that I've read through the letter a few times.Total PTOE candidates in June 2010 = 46

Total Passing = 33

pass rate = 72%

No letter for me yet. Just curious but is your name in the directory now? A coworker saw her name in the directory before she got the letter a couple tests ago
No, my name is not yet in the online directory.

and from what I can tell, none of the June 2010 test takers are in the online directory yet.

If you do a search with all the fields blank, but check the PTOE box, it say this at the top:

2343 results were found , 100 are displayed.

and I've been checking multiple times a day for the past couple of weeks. it was 2343 PTOE's before the June 2010 results, and right now, it still is 2343 PTOE's. If this number goes up to 2376, then you'll know that the 33 new PTOE's have been added.

Awesome thanks for that hint... I had been checking the directory hoping I'd find out there before the letter... Maybe tomorrow... I don't remember if it's going to my work or my home

what is the passing score, if there is any?
They don't say what the passing score is. However, for each catergory of questions, and for the test overall, they give the low score, the high score, and the average.

For June 2010, the low score was 43%, the high was 88%, and the average was 67%.

of course, this still tells us nothing about what was needed to pass the exam (but it is interesting, none the less).

what is the passing score, if there is any?
They don't say what the passing score is. However, for each catergory of questions, and for the test overall, they give the low score, the high score, and the average.

For June 2010, the low score was 43%, the high was 88%, and the average was 67%.

of course, this still tells us nothing about what was needed to pass the exam (but it is interesting, none the less).
Does this mean that the passing percentage is 67%??

Back