Post Result Feelings

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geotech.PE

iGyaPE
Reaction score
I am just wondering what people do after they get PE results either way: Pass or Fail.

I know if failed, I have to file the application for next exam, and start preparations towards the exam with a hope that I will pass next time.

But, if I pass what should I do? Have cake? Have presents? Have seal? Have .... ? Update my email signature? Change nameplate on my office's door? Change my business card? Wait for the real certificate? What should be my next move? Prepare to switch work place? or, just pass as another day?

Give me some fun tips? How worth it is to have extraordinary fun and party? Educate me.

GeoCivil

I am just wondering what people do after they get PE results either way: Pass or Fail.
I know if failed, I have to file the application for next exam, and start preparations towards the exam with a hope that I will pass next time.

But, if I pass what should I do? Have cake? Have presents? Have seal? Have .... ? Update my email signature? Change nameplate on my office's door? Change my business card? Wait for the real certificate? What should be my next move? Prepare to switch work place? or, just pass as another day?

Give me some fun tips? How worth it is to have extraordinary fun and party? Educate me.

GeoCivil
If you fail, you shouldn't have to reapply to take the PE. I think in all states, you have up to four chances to take the PE until you have to reapply. If you mean "register" for the next exam, thats a different story. Yes you will need to register for the Oct exam if you want to take it.

If you pass, it all depends on your job. Are you a design engineer and need a seal to stamp drawings? If not, there is no reason to get one. Definitly put PE after your name on your business card, and on your email sig and nameplate. Let people know that you passed! Ask your boss for a raise, you deserve it!

Last but not least - have a beer.. you earned one.

look at your states rules regarding the stamp... In California it states that you "shall" obtain a stamp once you pass... In my world, shall means DO IT!!!

not that anyone has ever come and checked, "ok... where's your stamp?"

look at your states rules regarding the stamp... In California it states that you "shall" obtain a stamp once you pass... In my world, shall means DO IT!!!

not that anyone has ever come and checked, "ok... where's your stamp?"
In Texas, not only do you have to get your stamp, you have 60 days to get it and you need to send it in and have it approved.

As far as celebrating goes, I was robbed!

I wanted to drink after the exam, but I was so mentally out of it I locked my keys in my car and had to call my wife to load up the kids and bring me the spare set.

Then I found out I passed the night before we had to get up at 6:00 am to hop in a car for 10 hours.

Eat drink and be merry, no matter what happens. Just getting to the point where they let you take the test is a fairly significant accomplishment.

In Michigan you only have to sign a statement verifying that you have the required experience and education when you register for the exam. Once you receive your passing letter, then you have to fill out the application, gather your references, and document your experience. It's a pain because you are all excited that you passed but you aren't a PE until the application process is complete and they issue your license number. It's another 6-8 week wait after you submit the application package. My wait was only about 3.5 weeks after the state received all my paperwork but I got it in relatively quickly after I received the results. So that's what I did after I passed, started the application process.

That being said, people at work did throw me a party and I did buy a couple presents for myself after I got the passing letter.

As soon as I received my license number, I changed my e-mail signature and ordered my seal. Michigan, like TX, also requires that you obtain a stamp/seal and submit a copy to them for their records, along with your signature. We have 30 days to do that.

Thanks for that heads up- do they tell you that?
yeah, you will get an email telling you that you passed and it has a couple of attachments, including:

Board Rule §133.97 requires the approved applicant to: (1) obtain seal(s); (2) place the seal imprint(s)on the form provided by the Board and return it to the Board office; and (3) furnish the wallet-size portrait

to the Board for its files. Failure to return an acceptable seal imprint and portrait within 60 days after the

date of the approval notice is a violation of Board Rules and may subject the licensee to sanctions as

provided for in the Texas Engineering Practice Act, §Subchapter J. Your seal/stamp imprint(s) must

be accepted by the Board before any documents can be sealed.
Oh yeah - did you catch that you need to attach a photo as well?

You will also get the notice in the mail - not sure from what date the 60 days actually becomes effective, but you have plenty of time either way.

Oh yeah - did you catch that you need to attach a photo as well?
You will also get the notice in the mail - not sure from what date the 60 days actually becomes effective, but you have plenty of time either way.
your 60 days begin from the day you receive the notice in the mail. i did not wait till then. i ordered my seal immediately, used the form that TBPE sent me thru email and mailed it. Actually, once you pass and the PE number is assigned (it was the next day from when I checked it online that I passed), you should receive an email with the attached forms. the email mentions about the time fram to submit and get an approval on your seal, but you will receive the same thing in paper-format later, so you will have sufficient time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me some fun tips? How worth it is to have extraordinary fun and party? Educate me.GeoCivil
See now, this is clearly the angle you wanna pursue. Well there are clearly some right-purty tips here, they all bore you to tears right? I'm sayin' get yerself a stretch Navigator, get your posse trippin' on coke & rum, have some Cristal a-poppin', and God willing, you wake up face down in Jessica Simpson's buttocks! :bananalama: [but that's just me, and i'm a long way away from the PE]

There will be a large party in Dallas at the new house if I pass. All are welcome. Future hubby is a homebrewer and we have a pool. I'm not responsible for your drowning.

There will be a large party in Dallas at the new house if I pass. All are welcome. Future hubby is a homebrewer and we have a pool. I'm not responsible for your drowning.

Give us your address then, time and date.

That sentence leads me to believe that you will have a pool full of beer waiting for us for when we arrive. N'est pas?

Drinking your way out of a pool full of beer would be a good way to celebrate. But, I watched Beer Fest, and I learned from that movie that I would die if I attempted that.

Drinking your way out of a pool full of beer would be a good way to celebrate. But, I watched Beer Fest, and I learned from that movie that I would die if I attempted that.

I have never done any drinking in my life, but if I pass all PE Civil, Str 1 and Str 2, maybe I will do it. It is just I dont like it, Im athletic and I dont want beer belly not good to look at.

^Just work out more. That used to be my main motivation for exercize: I ran to make up for all the beer and fried foods I craved.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to lie down for a while because my chest hurts, and my left arm has gone numb....

I have never done any drinking in my life, but if I pass all PE Civil, Str 1 and Str 2, maybe I will do it. It is just I dont like it, Im athletic and I dont want beer belly not good to look at.
All you have to do is keep track of your calories. Most light beers have around 100 calories. I just figure that into my daily calorie consumption, and I'm drinking and still losing weight.

All you have to do is keep track of your calories. Most light beers have around 100 calories. I just figure that into my daily calorie consumption, and I'm drinking and still losing weight.

Blech! Light beers taste terrible. Drink the real deal and just exercise more. Better yet, skip the pansy ass stuff and go straight to hard liquor. How many calories are in a bottle of scotch (without the ramen)? Most heroin addicts are thin. Maybe that's the way to go.

How many calories are in a bottle of scotch (without the ramen)?
According to this site, here is the breakdown per 35 mL (1 oz) shot of scotch whiskey.

Calories 78

Protein 0

Carbohydrate 0

Fat 0

Fibre 0

Alcohol 11.1

In one package of Oodles of Noodles ramen noodles, the breakdown is: (from this. site)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1.5 oz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 190 Calories from Fat 60

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 7g 11%

Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 800mg 33%

Total Carbohydrate 26g 9%

Dietary Fiber 1g 4%

Sugars 1g

Protein 5g 10%

So if you assume you need 6 shots to properly hydrate the noodles, you're getting 658 calories with only 7 g of fat. That's really not a bad lunch right there.

Back