Post October 2010 Diagnostic Report scores here if you failed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Structural - I
Fail - 49/80.

It would be great if AM and PM scores are given separately like PE Civil. Right now, i don't know whether i did bad in the AM or PM or both :-(.

Don't they give the diagnostic report and I thought it was in greater detail this time around??

Principles and Practice of Engineering - Civil - Transportation

Knowledge Area ..... Number of Items ..... Your Performance (No. Correct) ..... Your Performance (% Correct)

1 ..... Construction ..... 8 ..... 6 ..... 75

2 ..... Geotechnical ..... 8 ..... 4 ..... 50

3 ..... Structural ..... 8 ..... 4 ..... 50

4 ..... Transportation ..... 8 ..... 7 ..... 87

5 ..... Water Resources & Environmental ..... 8 ..... 3 ..... 37

6 ..... Traffic Analysis ..... 9 ..... 7 ..... 77

7 ..... Geometric Design ..... 12 ..... 11 ..... 91

8 ..... Transportation Planning ..... 3 ..... 0 ..... 0

9 ..... Traffic Safety ..... 6 ..... 2 ..... 33

10 ..... Other Topics ..... 10 ..... 7 ..... 70

Total = 51/80 = 63.75%

Somebody please tell me that they got a score higher than 51 in Transportation. I'd hate to think that 52/80 was the passing/cut score.

ptatohed, last April I got a 52/80. You are very close. I think 56/80 is near passing. Stay positive and keep up the studying. You will do it. I took transportation for the second time and passed it. Work on your weaknesses and there's no such thing and doing too many problems. Be sure to work on traffic planning and safety too. Get familiar with the MUTCD. I believe there's an index for the MUTCD online. Good luck man and don't give up. You are very close and I'm positive you can up your score by 5 points next April.

ptatohed, last April I got a 52/80. You are very close. I think 56/80 is near passing. Stay positive and keep up the studying. You will do it. I took transportation for the second time and passed it. Work on your weaknesses and there's no such thing and doing too many problems. Be sure to work on traffic planning and safety too. Get familiar with the MUTCD. I believe there's an index for the MUTCD online. Good luck man and don't give up. You are very close and I'm positive you can up your score by 5 points next April.
Don't neglect the other general subjects either. I got a 50 last April on the Civil-Transportation. I took review courses for water, geotech, and transportation to firm up my knowledge base. It worked, I passed this time.

Keep at it you're close.

Here is mine- I fail - Civil- Transportation

Knowledge Area ..... Number of Items ..... Your Performance (No. Correct) ..... Your Performance (% Correct)

1 ..... Construction ..... 8 ..... 4 ..... 50

3 ..... Structural ..... 8 ..... 6 ..... 75

4 ..... Transportation ..... 8 ..... 2 ..... 25

5 ..... Water Resources & Environmental ..... 8 ..... 5 ..... 62

6 ..... Traffic Analysis ..... 9 ..... 6 ..... 66

7 ..... Geometric Design ..... 12 ..... 10 ..... 83

8 ..... Transportation Planning ..... 3 ..... 3 ..... 100

9 ..... Traffic Safety ..... 6 ..... 3 ..... 50

10 ..... Other Topics ..... 10 ..... 5 ..... 50

Total = 48/80 = 60%

Please advise me how to improve for traffic safety and trasportation in morning section.

Principles and Practice of Engineering - Civil - Transportation

1 ..... Construction ..... 8 ..... 6 ..... 75

3 ..... Structural ..... 8 ..... 4 ..... 50

4 ..... Transportation ..... 8 ..... 7 ..... 87

5 ..... Water Resources & Environmental ..... 8 ..... 3 ..... 37

6 ..... Traffic Analysis ..... 9 ..... 7 ..... 77

7 ..... Geometric Design ..... 12 ..... 11 ..... 91

8 ..... Transportation Planning ..... 3 ..... 0 ..... 0

9 ..... Traffic Safety ..... 6 ..... 2 ..... 33

10 ..... Other Topics ..... 10 ..... 7 ..... 70

Total = 51/80 = 63.75%

Somebody please tell me that they got a score higher than 51 in Transportation. I'd hate to think that 52/80 was the passing/cut score.

Fail ! Civil-Transportation
48/80

Morning = 21/40

Afternoon= 27/40

lose confidence. I did very well but somehow got 2/8 in Transportation morning, 4/8 in Construction
Civil, how can you possibly know what you got in the AM vs. PM? My diagnostic report does not separate out AM from PM. I thought we all got the same report.

Thanks maximus. :)

Don't neglect the other general subjects either. I got a 50 last April on the Civil-Transportation. I took review courses for water, geotech, and transportation to firm up my knowledge base. It worked, I passed this time.

Keep at it you're close.
Thanks Glen.

Thanks Audioaddict, here are my diagnostics:Fire Protection Analysis (Types) - 56%

Fire Protection Analysis (Information) - 71%

Fire Protection Management - 75%

Fire Dynamics - 63%

Human Response - 50%

Water-Based - 30%

Special Hazard - 100%

Fire Detection & Alarm - 57%

Smoke Management - 75%

Explosion Protection - 100%

Building Construction - 91%

Means of Egress - 40%
Sorry for taking awhile to get back to you...I wasn't checking the board recently.

These are some pretty good scores for a non pass I think...

Means of Egress and Water based have to come up, and I think those wouldn't be too hard to do. Means of Egress is mostly NFPA 101 and some SFPE Fire Protection Engineering Handbook.

Water based is sprinkler calcs, NFPA 13 storage, fire pumps, and some miscellaneous stuff like water spray nfpa 15, hydraulic gradient stuff, fire hydrants. Which of these areas do you need help in?

The Green reference manual by itself can cover everything but the SFPE Sprinkler for Engineers course can help a lot. Expensive class but I took it a week before my exam and passed. I think you could benefit from it.

You can throw lots of money at this problem if you want....it's up to you. An NFPA seminar on 101 could very well make you get a perfect score on Means of Egress, but I didn't do it and passed.

A friend of mine did the CFPS review course (but didn't take the exam, haha) just to be very strong with the NFPA fire protection handbook. I considered this as well, didn't do it but want to do it. This is also a bit of money...

Fire Alarms are my specialty...and while some questions seem easy, they definitely throw 1 or 2 nice hard ones, harder than anything from NICET III or IV exams (but those fools at NICET don't understand that). I could help you with this myself, but not sure how leveraged it would be to dominate this section.

The good news is you did pretty well with the annoying stuff....100% on explosion prevention, a lot of people get 33% or 0%. Special hazards you're good.

Fire Dynamics you could bring up a bit. Most of this is just knowing how to access formulas.

I recently got a 2 time FP test taker to finally pass on his 3rd try. I'm confident you will be an FPE January of 2012. :)

Back