Post October 2010 Diagnostic Report scores here if you failed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anybody know anything about electrical-power.
Someone took the Electrical Power exam, and failed with 48/80, just like in the example I posted.
any other who has more than 48/80 score ????
If you search the website you will find scores over 48, but not necessarily on the Electrical test. Search for Diagnostics. I think I saw one that was 52.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showto...p;hl=diagnostic

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone took the Electrical Power exam, and failed with 48/80, just like in the example I posted.
If you search the website you will find scores over 48, but not necessarily on the Electrical test. Search for Diagnostics. I think I saw one that was 52.

SO WHAT IS SCALED SCORE FOR 48/80

Nobody knows. What difference does it make? There is a raw score of 52 on here that failed.

But none of this means anything. You're not going to get the kind of answers you are looking for.

Fail ! Civil-Transportation

48/80

Morning = 21/40

Afternoon= 27/40

lose confidence. I did very well but somehow got 2/8 in Transportation morning, 4/8 in Construction

I am in Texas, and I failed with a 68.
I have two other friends in Texas who also failed with a 68. They took Testmasters with me. Two of us did the Construction PM, and the other did the Transportation PM. However, I have two other friends who were in our Testmasters class that passed taking the Transportation PM
Do you mean 68% or 68/80? 68/80 seems rather high for a failing score.
I also took Civil-Transportation in CO. I failed with a 49/80.

Fail ! Civil-Transportation
48/80

Morning = 21/40

Afternoon= 27/40

lose confidence. I did very well but somehow got 2/8 in Transportation morning, 4/8 in Construction
I took Civil Transportation. My morning was 22/40 and afternoon was 27/40. I also didn't do very well on the Construction morning. I got a 4/8 for construction and I thought that was supposed to be one of my easier topics!

i know someone scored 45/80 EE Power here in TX and he got a scaled score of 65.. My guess is if you get close to 50/80, then you'll pass.. But that's just a guess.

IS THEE ANY OTHER ELECTRICAL-POWER SCORE AVAILABLE , WHO FAILED AND KNOW HOW MANY CORRECT ANSWERS HE GOT ???

Fire Protection - 52/80, failed
Sorry to hear that...

When I took it in '07, I failed with a 48.

I passed it in '08. I felt I did better for sure but not night & day better (except for sprinkler systems). I got 6/10 the first time, and I'm sure 8 or 9 the second time.

I think you're close.

What is your breakdown in the different categories? I'd like to help you out here.

This was mine back then:

Type of Analysis - 70

Information sources for analysis - 67

Management - 50

Fire Dynamics -75

Human Response - 50

Water Based Fire Suppression - 60

Special Hazard 50

Fire Alarms - 71

Smoke Management - 50

Explosion Prevention - 33

Building Construction -60

Means of Egress -50

I have two other friends in Texas who also failed with a 68. They took Testmasters with me. Two of us did the Construction PM, and the other did the Transportation PM. However, I have two other friends who were in our Testmasters class that passed taking the Transportation PM

Is that a raw score (68 out of 80 problems right) or a percentage?

Civil-Transportation -50/80

AM-21

PM-29

Construction killed me 3/8 which should been easier for me. it sucks right now.

Is that a raw score (68 out of 80 problems right) or a percentage?
It MUST be percentage. There's no way they curve DOWNWARD. That's still the highest failing score posted here in any discipline. That would be a 54/80.

Fire Protection - 52/80, failed
Sorry to hear that...

When I took it in '07, I failed with a 48.

I passed it in '08. I felt I did better for sure but not night & day better (except for sprinkler systems). I got 6/10 the first time, and I'm sure 8 or 9 the second time.

I think you're close.

What is your breakdown in the different categories? I'd like to help you out here.

This was mine back then:

Type of Analysis - 70

Information sources for analysis - 67

Management - 50

Fire Dynamics -75

Human Response - 50

Water Based Fire Suppression - 60

Special Hazard 50

Fire Alarms - 71

Smoke Management - 50

Explosion Prevention - 33

Building Construction -60

Means of Egress -50

Thanks Audioaddict, here are my diagnostics:

Fire Protection Analysis (Types) - 56%

Fire Protection Analysis (Information) - 71%

Fire Protection Management - 75%

Fire Dynamics - 63%

Human Response - 50%

Water-Based - 30%

Special Hazard - 100%

Fire Detection & Alarm - 57%

Smoke Management - 75%

Explosion Protection - 100%

Building Construction - 91%

Means of Egress - 40%

Structural - I

Fail - 49/80.

It would be great if AM and PM scores are given separately like PE Civil. Right now, i don't know whether i did bad in the AM or PM or both :-(.

Back