post a photo, any photo youve taken, doesnt have to be a good one..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the other place In the US I would like to live if I wasn't in CO. (Well one island north of there)

Made it here a few weeks ago, Id have to put this on the top 5 list of coolest things I have seen with my own eyes.. (a little crowded for my taste though)Dunes.jpg

Went to Marathon Key with the wife to check out a couple seawall projects. The 7 mile bridge at sunset is just as cool as I remember./monthly_2016_06/image.thumb.jpeg.f0bcf395087c726150b8818af5fbacb9.jpeg
Lots of big tarpon under that and Bahia Honda Bridge.

Great Sand Dunes National Park (Southern CO)  apparently the winds pick up sands over the desert and they get dropped here (mountains are in the way or something)  people hike to the top of them and then either "run down" or slide down them.  They are 699' tall (tallest in North America)  We went to the top of the one on the right, didn't make it all the way to the "top" (the tallest one you can see towards the left)

^Easily one of my favorite places in the world, too.  The crowd looks ridiculous, though.... 

The "best thing ever" is to climb them in the moonlight, with the sand still warm from the sun on your bare feet.

yeah this was the parks "2nd busiest weekend" when the river was flowing at high capacity, but it was pretty fun. most people stopped at the lower dune you see at the base there

My kids scout troop goes camping there every fall, we missed it last year but plan to go this year, from their pictures they had the place to themselves )& there is a really nice looking 4WD trail in the park as well..

how far is the walk into and out of the park?  looks very exposed.  Not very "fudgey" friendly.

26066uh.jpg

From July 2014 to July 2015, my desk was where the front half of the right tread is in this pic.

I was back there looking for my **** notebook when I took the picture.  Didn't find it.

Back