post a photo, any photo youve taken, doesnt have to be a good one..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool,  wasnt being "critical' just these days no one knows how to print out a photo anymore so thought it was an old school type pic.. :D

b717035eac0481bf206941ef57cefae1.jpg

Which one is it folks? Can I smoke the stogie or not?

^- Forgot the text- this is a crappy pic of one of the wildfires going right now. This one is about 30 miles west of Boulder in a small town called Nederland (major hippie town)  You can kind of see the smoke in the middle)  were about 60-80 miles from this and we cant open the windows at night like we normally do. what sucks is this one wasn't a natural forest fire (like from God) but from some transients who didn't put out a campfire (they were arrested yesterday)  news is reporting them as campers from Alabama, but they are part of the huge transient "leather tramps" that live in the Areas around Boulder..

went and saw some old history over the weekend, in the late 1800's they built a RR track through the mountains into the Rockies over the continental divide. Eventually they built a  tunnel through the mountains that saved the trains something like 4 hours. but here is an old pic of the train trestle bridge and what it looks like today- we did walk across several of these, there are still a bunch of these up there (well 3) but if you like the "old west" It was pretty cool.. you can still drive the old RR bed (which is now a 4WD, MTN Bike, Snow mobile road) - were going to come back and bike it in a couple of weeks (well see how far we get)

Riflesight_Notch_1903.PNG

What it looks like today (they imploded the tunnel)

IMG_1115_zpscblpnowh.jpg

was the tunnel under the trestles?  No settlement/loss of structure when they imploaded it?

I'm not sure, I cant find much details on it, they may have just dynamited the entrances areas..

looks like the thing has held up (fairly) well this past 100 years though..IMG_1118.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
After a mtn biker walked his bike across it my younger son and I walked across it. The beams are like 4' tall... The wife was not very happy about it though (normal)

I take it the mtn biker was a physically larger person than you.

Lol- actually no, but since there wasn't a sign telling us not to walk on the bridge I waited until I saw someone else do it to know that it was "OK "

It's the "wild Wild West" ...

Other ones were in better shape - u used to be able to drive over these up until around 1994 when a tunnel caved in and blocked the route...

8d80391dfb1034fef3888530ad0c362c.jpg

Back