post a photo, any photo youve taken, doesnt have to be a good one..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratliff Stadium. Go Mojo.
ed2013325db785174454045ebb828d80.jpg

This is very sad.  Fires have been out of control in the Graham County/Robbinsville, NC area.  This is the section of forest that our yearly hillclimb event runs in.  Videos of town just showed a haze so thick you can't even see the traffic signals until you're a few feet in front of them.  The drought is really hurting them, and I hope both the people and the landscape come out of this OK.

unnamed.jpg

I know wildfires are a natural part of the forest but I don't recall many in the Appalachians over the years, hope you all get some rain soon!  Are these all lightning born or campfire born?

we had one in the summer that was around 60 miles away and you could really smell and taste the smoke from that far away - that one was started by some bums from Alabama (like no joke young people that choose to be homeless that started a campfire but didn't put it out)

The smoke from those fires has made it's way down to Atlanta.  It was really hazy this morning and it's not the normal "big city" haziness. 

It's been unusually warm this fall, we routinely had highs in the upper 80's through October.  It also hasn't rained much during that time.  We haven't had significant rainfall in two months. 

Latest posts

Back