Pizza delivery boy gets $10 tip for $1,500 order

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was the tip...

• Too low?

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • About right?

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Too high?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I tip $1 when I hit a number on the Roulette table

I also tip during craps for a hot shooter, more of a karma/luck thing I suppose.

We don't do delivery on food (it's easier/faster to go get it ourselves) but I guess I would tip $1/$2.

I generally tip around 15-20% for sit down meals. Varies depending on the service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he needs $100 tip, but it takes a lot of time to load/unload that many pizzas...they usually get 2-3 bucks at every stop on average and he missed out on a bunch of deliveries making one huge stop.

I used to average about $100 tip when delivering to sorieties, and that was 20 years ago.

Let me guess, there was a hole in the box wasn't there?

I don't think he needs $100 tip, but it takes a lot of time to load/unload that many pizzas...they usually get 2-3 bucks at every stop on average and he missed out on a bunch of deliveries making one huge stop.

I used to average about $100 tip when delivering to sorieties, and that was 20 years ago.

"Hey, lady? You ordered a pepperoni pizza? Well here's the pizza. And here's the pepperoni <zip>."

Can't help but think of SNL "D!ck in a box" skit here

No, I'm pretty sure it would be the same as the Justin Timberlake version...I'm more of a classic or late 90's SNL fan, the current members are ok at best in my opinion, except when JT is on and they kick it up about 20 pegs and it reminds me of the old days!

"Hey, lady? You ordered a pepperoni pizza? Well here's the pizza. And here's the pepperoni <zip>."
Looks like my grandmother eating ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my grandmother eating ice cream.
What's this? A dog..friendly little pup, isn't he?

Back