Pimp My Ride

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you make it look like an accident, I'll fed-ex you some cookies. If you get caught, this discussion never happened.

Dex...I was telling someone the other day that I always like the black wheel look, but have never had the guts to actually do it to one of my cars??? It looks great though.

Where was that picture taken? Is that the Sporty's at the Clermont County Airport in SW Ohio?
Yep. I was in Cincinnati to witness some equipment testing a couple of years ago and Clermont County was the closest airport. I thought it was pretty cool to have a picture of the plane in front of the Sporty's building. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years.
I grew up about 10 minutes from there and still live pretty close. Lunken's a neat one too. It used to be Cincinnati's main airport but it kept flooding. The original terminal is still there and there's actually a really good little restaurant in there too.

2) Swap a USDM Subaru EJ205 or EJ255 engine / transmission into dad's '70 VW Bug. Why? A 250ish hp Subaru engine is about the same cost, but infinitely more reliable than a 250ish hp ACVW. Besides, 250 hp would bend any built Type I transaxle over unless your pockets run deep.
Nice toys in here.

I'd like to see this one. I've got a built 72 Bug based on the original Type I. It's a 2276cc with about 200hp. I'm on my 2nd version of this motor and 2nd "built" trans with this setup, and I still have issues. It's a lot of fun though. I'd be worried about adding weight to the rear in doing a swap. Could make for some tricky handling.

Back