PENNSYLVANIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone receive their license # from the PA board yet?
Nothing on the license verification page yet. I am guessing next week we should see it up there at http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/ with our certificate coming at a later date in the mail.
Where did you get that information? I emailed the board last week regarding this and I got no response.
Just based off of dates from my friends who took it in previous years. My one friend took it in October 2 years ago and the license verification website has his issue date as 2/15. Same thing with a friend who took it in April, the issue date is 8/12. So that puts us at about the 2nd or 3rd week of February.

Here is a great response from another wonderful state employee:

My Question

"I passed the October 2010 PE examination and was wondering if there was anything needed for me to do at this point? I have not yet received any information other than the passing letter. If you could inform me of what I need to do at this point and when I will hear from the state board with my license and license number I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you"

State Registration Board's Response

Good afternoon,

It can take up to 90 days from the date of your passing exam results letter for the license to be issued. Processing time can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the volume of mail and applications coming into our office, and exactly when the exam agency sends your results to us. We’ll process your results and mail out your newly issued license as quickly as we can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a great response from another wonderful state employee:

My Question

"I passed the October 2010 PE examination and was wondering if there was anything needed for me to do at this point? I have not yet received any information other than the passing letter. If you could inform me of what I need to do at this point and when I will hear from the state board with my license and license number I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you"

State Registration Board's Response

Good afternoon,

It can take up to 90 days from the date of your passing exam results letter for the license to be issued. Processing time can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the volume of mail and applications coming into our office, and exactly when the exam agency sends your results to us. We’ll process your results and mail out your newly issued license as quickly as we can.
This whole process has been about as inefficient and slow as it can get. First there was the rediculous wait for the test results now we have to wait months for a stupid number and piece of paper. All they need to do is update the database for about 100 people; that should take about 2 days for one person to do. At least I am not waiting on it to do work or to get a pay raise.

I just wanted to take a moment and be a bit grumpy. I had to jump through hoops to be allowed to take the test. Then I had exactly 8 hours to take the test. Then I got to wait over two months for them to grade something that could have been graded before I drove away (and I can give a little grace there, since I will actually buy-in to the fact that they want to check for cheating). Then after that waiting ... I get to wait no less than 7 weeks for the state to update my status. I know it is protocol, but come on. I do not need instant feedback, but it is 2011. With the technology that exists in the world, I would think this process could be expedited a bit. I took the test in OCTOBER of 2010 ... we are less than a week away from March of 2011. As of today it has been 116 days. UGH!

I know anger leads to the dark side ... but I just had to let it out.

:vadar:

I just wanted to take a moment and be a bit grumpy. I had to jump through hoops to be allowed to take the test. Then I had exactly 8 hours to take the test. Then I got to wait over two months for them to grade something that could have been graded before I drove away (and I can give a little grace there, since I will actually buy-in to the fact that they want to check for cheating). Then after that waiting ... I get to wait no less than 7 weeks for the state to update my status. I know it is protocol, but come on. I do not need instant feedback, but it is 2011. With the technology that exists in the world, I would think this process could be expedited a bit. I took the test in OCTOBER of 2010 ... we are less than a week away from March of 2011. As of today it has been 116 days. UGH!
I know anger leads to the dark side ... but I just had to let it out.

:vadar:
If you are getting mad now you should call them and ask them what takes so long. Listen to their line of BS and you are going to get completely furious.

Anything that is run by the government is slow, inefficient and usually done half assed. But don't worry the unions guarantee these employees raises every year, a pension, about 2 months of vacation time and everything else that a normal, hard working, non union, non government employee isn't "entitled" to.

It looks as though the State is updating their license.state.pa.us site. I found my PE number on there this morning with an issued date of 2/28/11. Such a speedy process...

It looks as though the State is updating their license.state.pa.us site. I found my PE number on there this morning with an issued date of 2/28/11. Such a speedy process...
That is insane. I'll never complain about the California state board again.

I will concur with the above post ... it looks like the state is finally updating the our license status on the website. I wonder how many months it will take to get something to us in the mail.

Harry

I was looking at purchasing my stamp and I asked a few coworkers what stamp they used. Several of them listed a stamp sold by acornsales which is self inking.

see link http://www.acornsales.com/Merchant2/mercha...Product_Count=5

I really like this stamp, however acornsales design for pennsylvania does not match the paperwork that came with my license. On engineer seals they show 2 different designs however they don't sell the self inking stamp I am looking for (Link: http://www.engineerseals.com/order/pennsylvaniape.php). One of the designs matches the PA Code and one is slightly different. I emailed Acorn Sales and the owner told me that they have made thousands of these stamps and have never had any problems with them not being accepted. He also told me they had to alter the design for manufacturing reasons.

Does anyone know if both designs are accepted or does it have to match exactley what is in the PA CODE and what was included in the envelope? I tried emailing the state licensing board concerning this matter and like always when they have to be accountable for something they didn't respond.

Back