PE Seismic Oct.2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fouggesh

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the seismic exam? I don't think we had enough time... any idea what would be the cut score?

What do you guys think about the seismic exam? I don't think we had enough time... any idea what would be the cut score?
I thought it was similar to last time but I've done better having the chance to study and understand more (I study a lot first time too). I expect the score to be in a similar range with previously reported ones, ie between 52% and 56%...

I studied only for the 8-hour and Survey so I shouldn't comment on what I thought of the Seismic.

I think it's normal to feel that the Seismic and the Survey exams do not provide enough time.

It appears that, historically, the cut score has always been at/around 50%. Exam Statistics

I studied only for the 8-hour and Survey so I shouldn't comment on what I thought of the Seismic.

I think it's normal to feel that the Seismic and the Survey exams do not provide enough time.

It appears that, historically, the cut score has always been at/around 50%. Exam Statistics

In contrast to the Surveying portion, I feel that the Seismic portion was pretty fair on time if you had prepared for it and worked in structures. There were very few questions I had to wild guess on at the end. I hope and prayed :bowdown: that my confidence is well placed. I used the Hiner and PPI books cover to cover as well as in-house training program at the office.

Back