PE Result Dates by State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thank you to willheldp PE. This spreadsheet was a big help to relieve some of the anticipation stress. Thanks again.
Based on what u wrote in a different post, it seemed u were not confident of the Geotech portion. So what do u have to say in terms of what will be the cutoff score for those who wrote Geotech in afternoon, given that u passed it with flying colors..

I'll appreciate your insights..

Big thank you to willheldp PE. This spreadsheet was a big help to relieve some of the anticipation stress. Thanks again.
Based on what u wrote in a different post, it seemed u were not confident of the Geotech portion. So what do u have to say in terms of what will be the cutoff score for those who wrote Geotech in afternoon, given that u passed it with flying colors..

That is a good question which is very difficult to answer. I honestly feel that there was a curve involved. I knew the morning material very well and believe I got close to 100% if not 100% correct. I knew the material in the afternoon well enough to know that I got a lot of questions incorrect. Likely I only got less than 50% correct in the afternoon. I simply choked. With that being said, I would expect the cut off score to be in the low 50s. However, I can only hypothesize.

I think a greater question that may help answer what you are asking is how NCEES deals with the variation in difficulty between the disciplines. Based on posts I've seen, a lot of people seem to agree that the Geo was a bear. Does NCEES take that into consideration and lower the cut for Geo...I don't know. If they don't then conceivably NCEES could pass a large group of the disciplines with a relatively easy test and then a very small group of the discipline with a difficult test. It is hard to know.

I hate it for you that you are still waiting. Hang in there and I hope you get favorable results.

Thanks for the comprehensive sheet to help manage expectations.

I just received notice by mail from EES that I passed the Mechanical PE for the State of Wisconsin.

That is a good question which is very difficult to answer. I honestly feel that there was a curve involved. I knew the morning material very well and believe I got close to 100% if not 100% correct. I knew the material in the afternoon well enough to know that I got a lot of questions incorrect. Likely I only got less than 50% correct in the afternoon. I simply choked. With that being said, I would expect the cut off score to be in the low 50s. However, I can only hypothesize.

I think a greater question that may help answer what you are asking is how NCEES deals with the variation in difficulty between the disciplines. Based on posts I've seen, a lot of people seem to agree that the Geo was a bear. Does NCEES take that into consideration and lower the cut for Geo...I don't know. If they don't then conceivably NCEES could pass a large group of the disciplines with a relatively easy test and then a very small group of the discipline with a difficult test. It is hard to know.

I hate it for you that you are still waiting. Hang in there and I hope you get favorable results.
yeah there was also another girl who indicated the same thing.. that the afternoon geotech was ridiculously hard (no doubt about that) and so the total passing score would have been around 50.. hope so.. i think i did 34 correct in morning and would definitely have more than 20 in evening.. so should be fine.. thanks anyways and congrats again.. have loads of fun during the vacations with the P.E. against ur name..

Thanks for the spreadsheet. It mentions that VA state results are announced on the website. Anybody knows where on the website it is?

Thanks

Thanks for the spreadsheet. It mentions that VA state results are announced on the website. Anybody knows where on the website it is?
Thanks
Shawn,

I've never been to your website, but my board's site has an opportunity to look up licensees. You basically go to that link and type in your name. If you passed then your name should show up if the board has entered it. Hope you find good news.

new jersey was very early this year... i had even called the NCEES and they told me mid january... but i got my results this weekend... oh well.. doesnt bother me one bit that they decided to be efficient =)

Congrats to me, I passed.

For those whose do not see their names, please confirm if you have submitted the Ethics questionaire. VA DPOR does not release the results till the Ethics questionaire is completed and received by the Board.

The spreadsheet has been updated in the first post with all of the results from the OCT09 exam.

Missing States this time: AL, ID, NV, ND, SD

Thanks for taking the time to compile all that data. I took the exam twice in Florida last year (April and October '09), and my results came by email both times exactly 7 weeks to the day (49 days). Maybe they don't send out results for the whole state on the same day. Anyway, I'm hoping they stay consistant and I get that email in two weeks...I'm kind of afraid to say it, but I'm very sure I passed this time. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to compile all that data. I took the exam twice in Florida last year (April and October '09), and my results came by email both times exactly 7 weeks to the day (49 days). Maybe they don't send out results for the whole state on the same day. Anyway, I'm hoping they stay consistant and I get that email in two weeks...I'm kind of afraid to say it, but I'm very sure I passed this time. Good luck everyone!
Several people claiming results are in...I just found my "Fail" letter from last time and realized it is dated for Dec 15th...the 53rd day after the exam. So, looks like I was wrong about getting my results on the 49th day for the last two exams. Funny how the anxiety gets so much more intense just knowing others have received their results. Not sure if I can wait until Tuesday.

Please upload the current information and we can tracking now! :D

I'll make a new thread in the results forum. It's a simple test of direction following that most people fail.

Here it is, guys. A culmination of the results information posted on this forum since it's inception. There are a few states missing from every year, presumably because we had no forum members in those states sitting for the exam. If you find anything wrong, or can fill in some of the missing information, let me know and I will update the spreadsheet. I will also try to keep it up to date from year to year (somebody kick me twice a year to remind me).
Enjoy.
Just got my April 2010 FL results, 6/3/10 via email. PASS!

I went ahead and averaged the return days for each test through the Dec 2009 test. Currently this year several states have come in at 45 days which is faster then any other recorded years.

Alabama 58

Alaska 60

Arizona 56

Arkansas 59

California 95

Colorado 64

Connecticut 66

Delaware 61

Florida 56

Georgia 61

Hawaii 65

Idaho 61