PE Requirement for Foeign Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfobisanya

Reaction score
I want to know the PE exam requirement for Foreign Professional Licenced Engineer (all education and 12yrs exerience outside US) now resident in US and want to practice. Must he pass through the 4yrs experience before he can sit for the PE in RI. Thank you.

I want to know the PE exam requirement for Foreign Professional Licenced Engineer (all education and 12yrs exerience outside US) now resident in US and want to practice. Must he pass through the 4yrs experience before he can sit for the PE in RI. Thank you.

PA Board has a "grandfathering" clause which allow you to sit for your PE straight after your FE if you can proof that you have applicable work experience in the USA . This clause is only applicable if you obtained your degree before a certain date from an ABET institution. Your State may have similar rules. Check out their website and read up on the Professional Engineering Act for your State. I found PA's document on their website. (PA State Board for Professional Engineers)

Back