PE Reference Manual

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmotivatedengineer

Reaction score
Has anybody used Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth, Third Edition 3rd Edition, by Indranil Goswami? If so, what was your experience with the book?  I was looking at the Lindeburg book and then came across this book for a fraction of the cost. I know the old saying "you get what you pay for", but at the same time it's hard to believe the cheaper book will be bad just based on pricing when PPI charges more for the Lindeburg book on their website(285+11.99 shipping) vs. what they charge through the Amazon.com($225+3.99 shipping). 

I am taking the Construction Depth which has a lot of code references so pricing is important considering the price of code references add up quickly.

Thank You

I used both. The Lindberg book is a must. I found the all-in-one to have problems which were similar to the exam

Has anybody used Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth, Third Edition 3rd Edition, by Indranil Goswami? If so, what was your experience with the book?  I was looking at the Lindeburg book and then came across this book for a fraction of the cost. I know the old saying "you get what you pay for", but at the same time it's hard to believe the cheaper book will be bad just based on pricing when PPI charges more for the Lindeburg book on their website(285+11.99 shipping) vs. what they charge through the Amazon.com($225+3.99 shipping). 

I am taking the Construction Depth which has a lot of code references so pricing is important considering the price of code references add up quickly.

Thank You
You can get the 14th edition of the CERM for $154 shipped. That's what I did to study for this spring's exam. I know that the material hasn't really changed and neither have the codes. just my 0.02

Has [SIZE= 14px]anybody u[/SIZE]sed [SIZE= 14px]Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth, Third Edition[/SIZE] [COLOR= rgb(85, 85, 85)]3rd Edition, [/COLOR][SIZE= 14px]by Indranil Goswami[/SIZE]? If so, what was your experience with the book?  I was looking at the Lindeburg book and then came across this book for a fraction of the cost. I know the old saying "you get what you pay for", but at the same time it's hard to believe the cheaper book will be bad just based on pricing when PPI charges more for the Lindeburg book on their website(285+11.99 shipping) vs. what they charge through the Amazon.com($225+3.99 shipping). 

Thank You
I used CERM and A-I-O.  I found some topics to be covered better in one book over the other so I was glad to have both. 

Back